Sold the CTS-V, Picked up a Track Rat

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Heres a video of my first autocross with the car yesterday. Did pretty well; about 3 seconds behind the FTD which an instructor in a 500hp camaro put down (46.xx). My best run was 49.0x.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQg8rBOv38"]BMWCCA Autocross - Sebring Int'l Raceway - 9/10/2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I just can't do a Miata....at this point anyway.

I could, but I need to sit in a ITA Miata at the next race and see where my knees and the dash intersect.

Cool car, have fun with it. They can carry so damn much speed through the corners its silly.

Sirl

Established Member
Oye... that "Sea of Cones" gives me a headache! LOL

I was talking to the local SM Director with Nasa last weekend, we were talking about turns on the track where he says he never hits the brakes! Just lets off for about 2 seconds, and turns in.
Me, on the other hand, in the Mustang, I'm hard on the brakes way before the turn. They do go around corners way fast!

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Oye... that "Sea of Cones" gives me a headache! LOL

I was talking to the local SM Director with Nasa last weekend, we were talking about turns on the track where he says he never hits the brakes! Just lets off for about 2 seconds, and turns in.
Me, on the other hand, in the Mustang, I'm hard on the brakes way before the turn. They do go around corners way fast!

Yeah its weird not having to use brakes! The entire first half of the course yesterday I didn't have to touch the brakes, and could almost accelerate through the entire first half.

I cant wait to get to Sebring and not have to touch the brakes from the end of turn 17 all the way to turn 3, haha.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Nice!....I'm thinking of picking one of those up so I don't beat up on my car too much. The consumables are cheaper and typically less often too.

Was the Sparco Sprint V too small? Im looking for a narrow seat.

Is it street legal still? The ones I've been looking at are so I wouldn't have to buy a tow rig and trailer

And Rotella is great - used it in my Scout for years.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Nice!....I'm thinking of picking one of those up so I don't beat up on my car too much. The consumables are cheaper and typically less often too.

Was the Sparco Sprint V too small? Im looking for a narrow seat.

Is it street legal still? The ones I've been looking at are so I wouldn't have to buy a tow rig and trailer

And Rotella is great - used it in my Scout for years.

Sprint V was too small and very uncomfortable since it was a steel frame seat. If you want narrow I'd go with a Pro2000 b/c it is bottom mount as well and easier to bolt into the floor or on stock sliders, and very comfy.

Yes, mine is technically street legal, although down here in FL anything is really considered street legal. It does have a full cage, harnesses, and stripped out, but everything like lights, wipers, p/s, electrical accessories still work.

The consumables on this thing I estimated to be right around $195 a day at the track (gas, pads, rotors, tires, fluids), whereas my CTS-V was about $820 a day. Huge difference!!

Users who are viewing this thread