Sold the Cobra

03snakenvtn

Established Member
As much as it hurt to do so, I sold my 03 Cobra in favor of a BMW 335xi. My Cobra was a fantastic daily driver in Tennessee, where I'd been living for the past 2 years, but I moved a Boston a few months back and holy crap are the roads here AWFUL. If you've never been to Boston, just picture the most uneven, pothole-filled roads you could possibly imagine, and that's what I've been dealing with. Decided to take a trip to the local BMW dealer to see what they had in stock, and happened to have a certified 08 335xi. I was blown away by how smooth it handles the bumps, while at the same time outhandling my Cobra in every situation. I loved the 2 years I had the Cobra, and it will be tough letting her go when I pick up the 335 on Friday, but it had to go. The svtp community has been by far the best forum I've ever been a member of, and I'm not at all looking forward to the BMW forums, since they don't seem to be half as helpful or have the good people that we have here. I'm sure I'll check back here from time to time to remember the glory days of owning a car more powerful than 99% of the cars I encountered on the road. Thanks for everything guys.

mysterio

Established Member
You may wish you grabbed a 4wd truck as a daily driver come winter up there.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
My commute is very short, so unless they're forget to plow the roads after a giant snowstorm, I should be ok. And I would've loved to get a beater to drive in the winter here, but we just don't have the room to park a third vehicle around here.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My commute is very short, so unless they're forget to plow the roads after a giant snowstorm, I should be ok. And I would've loved to get a beater to drive in the winter here, but we just don't have the room to park a third vehicle around here.

Truck in the winter? Heck no! That's crazy. Unless you need a truck for other purposes. You'll be fine unless there's a blizzard or ice storm. Just get used to driving in snow, drive carefully and you'll be just fine. Snow plows typically take good care of the streets during snow storms.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I don't have pics yet, I'm picking it up tomorrow. It's a white sedan with beige interior. It's certified so if anything happens it's all covered. It also has almost 2 years left on the factory warranty, so I'm not all that worried. We also opted for the tire/wheel protection package, so if we bend any wheels or pop any tires we're covered.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Sucks to here man. I told you the roads around here SUCK. They are paving most parts of 95 and 93 but most other roads are aweful. Goodluck to you

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Thanks guys, it's definitely a sweet ride. The coupe may look better, but I've dealt with having zero cargo space with every car I've ever owned, so I'm looking forward to being able to go to Home Depot or wherever and not be worried about not being able to fit stuff in the trunk or back seat. I'm just looking for something more practical these days. I also would've gone with the 6-speed stick if I lived somewhere else, but in Boston traffic, I just don't wanna deal with it. The extra fun it adds isn't worth it imo.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I love how every other person replying is talking about something that might break. I hope all your motors don't blow the next time you drive them.

SBTerminator

Established Member
Looks like you made a move that made sense to you and your family. I applaud you for that. Did you trade in the Cobra, or are you selling it/sold it on your own?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with you on the bmw forums sucking.

I couldn't stand most of the ones the size of svtp, so I just lurk a little when I have questions and stay quiet for the most part.

I cant wait to get another cobra one day...

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Looks like you made a move that made sense to you and your family. I applaud you for that. Did you trade in the Cobra, or are you selling it/sold it on your own?

I decided to just suck it up and trade it in. It might not be the best price I could possibly get, but it needs a few things to be perfect, and we're on the back end of summer here in Boston, so no one is in the market for a car like this. My girlfriend and I both work at least 40 hours a week, so I really just didn't wanna deal with selling it on my own. I may get into another Cobra sometime in the future, but it just didn't make sense anymore at this point in my life.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
i think the 335xi is a great choice, is that the twin turbo one? 300 ponies and awd will be fun when you want it too. and also civilized for everyday use. enjoy it.

im in the same spot as you except ive got an 8 month old daughter. once she is forward facing and a bit bigger im hoping to get a coupe for a summer car and a safe 4 sedan for DD use.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
i think the 335xi is a great choice, is that the twin turbo one? 300 ponies and awd will be fun when you want it too. and also civilized for everyday use. enjoy it.

im in the same spot as you except ive got an 8 month old daughter. once she is forward facing and a bit bigger im hoping to get a coupe for a summer car and a safe 4 sedan for DD use.

The 335's look to be a fantastic dd, and everything I've heard says the xi's are amazing in the snow as well. I'll have to report back after owning it for a while though. And yes, it's a 300hp and 300tq twin turbo inline 6.

Users who are viewing this thread