Sold the Cobra, Bought a Caddy.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Thanks guys.

I would black out the chrome on the front emblem and put it back on

I thought about that, but I thought it looks weird.. You just see this colorful sheild in a sea of black. It looks good if you leave the emblem chrome with black grills, but I am getting rid of all the other chrome, and the rest of the emblems are black.

I still have the stock grill anyway to play with. The emblem delete grill is aftermarket.

bubbrubb

Some updated pics... Got a new grill, painted the fender vents body color.

IMG_2258_zps7225e5e0.jpg

IMG_2252_zps7ab08605.jpg

IMG_2251_zps95f70d58.jpg

IMG_2250_zps81ba4b59.jpg

IMG_2247_zps14b2a9b0.jpg
wow, that looks really good :rockon:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Looks fantastic. The chrome fender vents drive me crazy on those cars. They are so out of place and look infinitely better color-matched. If I don't buy a truck, I think this might be my next car.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i thought i saw your name over at CTSVOwners!

Hey how much were the grills, i was thinking of swapping for a set

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
i thought i saw your name over at CTSVOwners!

Hey how much were the grills, i was thinking of swapping for a set

$105 shipped on eBay for the chrome upper with the emblem delete. It matches the OEM lower perfectly. I just pulled my stock lower and plastidiped it with the new upper.

ViciousJay

Established Member
$105 shipped on eBay for the chrome upper with the emblem delete. It matches the OEM lower perfectly. I just pulled my stock lower and plastidiped it with the new upper.

nice, thanks for the tip... i just got mine last tuesday and already debadged it. I love the look on peoples faces when i crush them rolling or from a dig, and they later pull up with WTF just happened look. :lol1:

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
No problem. You'll also need (4) 5mm bolts, locknuts and some washers. You have to remove a mount off the stock grill that is riveted on and bolt it to the new grill.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I did the standard mods to my V (details and video in my sig) and spent a lot of time researching the build and doing the work myself. The following quote is a lengthy (and somewhat rambling) email I wrote to a buddy who bought a V and didn't know much about them. He wanted help picking out the right mods, so I shared my insights. I'm sure you already know a lot of it, but I'm sharing it here in case any of it is helpful to you.

I've never understood why people think these engines require a bunch of mods/money to make power. Hopefully OP didn't read your quote. :nonono:

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
I've never understood why people think these engines require a bunch of mods/money to make power. Hopefully OP didn't read your quote. :nonono:

CAI, pulleys and good fuel = 638rwhp for me. :)

Shooting for 660-670 with the addition of a cam and cat deletes next month.

Last edited:

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Great cars and probably my next one as well. I went 03 Cobra to 300C Srt8 to 2013 GT and miss having a bigger car and a supercharger. The V solves both! Great purchase and yes with very few mods 600rwhp is easily attainable...I see them on the dyno at work do it ALL the time!

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Nice times in your sig. What tires are you running?

ET Street Radial II's - 305/30/18. I daily drive em. :)

I'm at a mile high with DA's in the 7000-8000ft range, so my times wouldn't be representative of virtually every other V out there. With that said, I ran an 11.2x@123mph with DA's over 6000ft. It'd suspect ~10.7 at sea level with good air and I'm currently running 11.3x with DA's at 7000ft.

For comparison, a stock 5.0 coyote is a 13.5+ @ ~105mph up here. There was 1 that did a 12.9 with slicks and skinnies + driver mod (no power mods).

how much can the rotating assembly in those take?

I personally feel 700rwhp (650rwhp is more reasonable, tho) is a nice place to call it quits. Sure, some have made more for many passes, others have also grenaded. You always hear a lot on the internet about success stories, but very little when one of them finally takes a shit. There's more than 1 person on the 9 second V list that has blown a motor. Low/mid 10's seem to be 'reliable' with these cars when done properly.

Last edited:

BlownReptile

Established Member
Such a gorgeous car. I love the V series....you have that classic upper class Caddy Americana thing going on with high tech muscle. Awesome combo, amazing car. And that pearl paint is the perfect color for that beast.

Users who are viewing this thread