Sold my Lightning looking to by new GT500

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
How did you get it for so much UNDER sticker? Did you have to try alot of negotiating?

No, I guess there just not selling as many of them as they would like. He made me an offer of 1000 under, and I said no. He knew there were other dealers in town that were selling them at MSRP or under, so he did the classic "what do I gotta do to get you to buy this today" and I told him he would have to do 44000 which was 2,165 under the Final MSRP. He got his sales manager. His sales manager took a little more money off ($1,365) but not what I had asked. I told him his price was good but not what i was looking for. I said I was gonna look at more of them and if his deal was the best I would come back. so I left, went out to the parking lot got in my car, started it, and started to drive away before he came jogging out the building to stop me and say he could do it.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
No, I guess there just not selling as many of them as they would like. He made me an offer of 1000 under, and I said no. He knew there were other dealers in town that were selling them at MSRP or under, so he did the classic "what do I gotta do to get you to buy this today" and I told him he would have to do 44000 which was 2,165 under the Final MSRP. He got his sales manager. His sales manager took a little more money off ($1,365) but not what I had asked. I told him his price was good but not what i was looking for. I said I was gonna look at more of them and if his deal was the best I would come back. so I left, went out to the parking lot got in my car, started it, and started to drive away before he came jogging out the building to stop me and say he could do it.
Thats a classic! I love it when they try to play games. Good deal! :dancenana:

Moreboost88

Established Member

Yea thats the way to do it! If I didn't have my car built over allocation and I paid invoice for it which was like $43,000, I would have bargained with the dealer. I remember when I bought my 04 cobra I told him how much are you paying floorplan on that vehicle a mth, and it was like $700 it was on the lot for about a year and after 45 days the dealer has to start paying floorplan. So I got my 04 for a great price a $3000 rebate and A-plan price :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread