Sold my Lightning looking to by new GT500

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Hello everyone, Ive been a member on here for a while and I figured I'd stop by to say hi. I sold my 2003 Lightning today and have been shopping for a while for a GT500. I am looking a 2 right now both are black, 2009's, and are at dealerships. Just curious if anyone has any advise or things to look out for, before I buy.

Thanks,
-Kyl

Fastfords

Established Member
Hello everyone, Ive been a member on here for a while and I figured I'd stop by to say hi. I sold my 2003 Lightning today and have been shopping for a while for a GT500. I am looking a 2 right now both are black, 2009's, and are at dealerships. Just curious if anyone has any advise or things to look out for, before I buy.

Thanks,
-Kyl

Good luck shopping, what dealers are they at?

Homer Jay

Established Member
What color are you looking for?

Ford of North Scottsdale had a dark gray one probably about two weeks ago. No ADM, I think Berge was still asking $2500 over when I was there about the same time ago.

Good luck with the purchase.

6-Speed

Established Member
If you get a 2009 that was built very recently - I cannot provide any dates but guessing mid-August, you may get the updated flywheel that is supposed to prevent the tranny problems that many owners have encountered or will eventually encounter. But don't be discouraged to buy one off the lot any ways - there is a TSB (TSB-08-16-04) that covers you should you run into problems.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
There are a ton of sub-1000 mile '08's out there and I suspect you can get them from high 30's to low 40's. You could save a fair bit of change.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Kyl,

If you PM me, I know where there is a Stripe Delete Black 08' New, with the Red inserts (and they really really want to sell it). The car is close to you in AZ.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy. I bought one today 2009 black with I think it was alloy or vapor stripes.? anyways there really dark. And i got it for $2165 below MSRP

untitled.jpg

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Lucky you...that's the color of the GT 500 I was going to get but the dealer sold from under me. Settle for a Vapor Silver instead. Congrats on the purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread