sold my cobra bought a mach, what are the differences?

sinnedam

Established Member
I had a 97 Cobra and i just bought an 03 Mach 1. It looks like it has the same intake as the 01 cobra but thats just a guess. It also looks like it has the dual piston brakes from a cobra, but they just dont say Cobra on them. Could some one list me as many differences from the Cobra to the mach as possible, or point me somewhere that has a lot of info on them? thanks!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I used to have a 03 Mach 1. The cylinder heads are different. The Mach1 has the same heads as the 03-04 Cobra. Much better than the B heads on 96-98 Cobras. The intake is nearly identical to that of the 99-01 Cobra intake. The cams are the same as the 03-04 Cobra, they have 20 degrees less duration than 96-98 Cobra cams. The mach uses coil on plug vs the coil packs. The mach has a different transmittion, better then the t-45. The brakes I'm pretty sure are the same.

sinnedam

Established Member
do these cars have the oil pan capacity issue that the sn-95s had? meaning it called for 6 but everyone puts in 7?

EVO-lution

Established Member
the machs have a weaker block then the sn-95 cobras. The 96-98's had the teksid blocks. Same cranks though if u have a manual mach 1.

oh btw...welcome aboard the mach 1 club :thumbsup:

Last edited:

99BlownVert

Established Member
the mach heads flow a lot better than the sn95 cobras. Also they flow slightly better than the 99-01 cobra heads. If you ran a sn95 cobra you would see how much u can out run them! Welcome

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Differences? You didn't notice the body panels or hood? I'd say those are different.

Just messin'. Welcome.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
yeah its a manual..screw autos lol

Autos are great for the track..no fun around town. Had an auto GT with a procharger, 4.10 gears, 2800 stall with built tranny...I hurt ALOT of standards feelings. :beer:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
the machs have a weaker block then the sn-95 cobras. The 96-98's had the teksid blocks. Same cranks though if u have a manual mach 1.

oh btw...welcome aboard the mach 1 club :thumbsup:

ya they are so weak...thats why linemup is making 1k+ hp outta his stock block

they arent really weaker, its more a myth

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
ya they are so weak...thats why linemup is making 1k+ hp outta his stock block

they arent really weaker, its more a myth

What would you say about John Mihovetz(sp?) and his car pushing 52# of boost and making about 2000rwhp all while using a teksid block? Would you try that with the Mach 1 aluminum block? No you wouldn't.

But for 99% of street applications the Mach 1 aluminum will hold up to what ever you throw at it, as we have seen with linemup's 1000+rwhp Mach.

And EVO-lution didnt say the Mach block was sooooo weak, just that its weaker than the Teksid, which is a true statement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread