SoCal Mtn Bike Park - Brand New 'Westridge' Trail

glhs422

Established Member
I was up at Big Bear for the opening day of their newest trail called 'Westridge' on the 4th of July. It's considered an 'intermediate' trail, but it's definitely more advanced than that!

Of the three runs at Snow Summit, this is the longest and most 'flowy'. It starts with a killer curved wooden bridge, into a steep right handed berm, followed by two advanced-level jumps. The rest of the way down is filled with berm, after berm, after berm!

I hope you enjoy the vid!

[youtube_browser]cCOushywzQs[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not something I'd do (LOL) but looks like a lot of fun, and a great trail. Nice place they have there. How long does it take from start to the bottom?

Way2QWK

Established Member
nice. my local bike shop is building me a 2012 santa cruz heckler. 150mm travel. Should be done next week, cant wait....dying to ride.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Nice. Looked like a pretty fun run. I really need to Gopro my runs at Big Sky. Most runs seem to be black diamond or double black diamond due to how ridiculously steep the mountain is here.. Downhilling is probably one of my favorite things to do in the summer!

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Wow that looks awesome! I used to be really into moutain biking and was actually really good at one point. Me and the family would go up to Big Bear every year for the bike races and it was always a blast.

Not sure if you know of her, but I actually even had the opportunity to go trail riding about 5-6 times with Leigh Donovan since she grew up and lived in my area. Talk about having a good teacher!!!

Seeing that trail makes me want to get back on my bike again!

Users who are viewing this thread