So who remembers this Cobra on ebay?

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I know that alot of you out there spend time creeping around on Ebay checking for a good deal on a nice new 03, but do any of ya'll remember this car?
Ebay Link

b4em1__small_.jpg

Well if so my good friend in my local car club bought the car and his father rebuilt the car all the way through. They are both master techs...which really cool since Charlie..my buddie is also the one of the leaders of our Formula SAE team who is also 3rd in the world right now.....anyway.

So here is the progress told through pictures.
image066__small_.jpg

img_0639__small_.jpg

2mustangs_012__small_.jpg

image087__small_.jpg

cobrapaintem.jpg

engem1.jpg

frontem1.jpg

backem1.jpg

doneem1.jpg

And here is the link to our little site.
LINK to COBRA

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Nice huh....Charlie and his father do some great work on cars. Charlie has a Mavrick that is sweet as all get out, and also a turbo t-bird that was roled three times at interstate speed and looks better than show room new. All in all I am really excited about how good the car looks, and as an added bonus one of the guys in our car club bought an 04 Comp orange and has gotten Charlie hooked on it. All that is left to do now is get the car approved for street use, title it, and then burn rubber. Hopefully, he will be roling around in that car come this September when we all get back to school.

The total amount of time it took to rebuild the car....I honestly don't know, but I know that he got the car in either early june or late may and has been pieceing it together here and there.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
It will be a salvage titled car if I am not mistaken.
And wouldn't you know it, when you go to auto color...sikkens, and even PPG make a paint color called Factory Orange Peel <enter color name> hahaha.

Your right though the body panals do line up better, and he sprayed the car better in his wetted floor of his garage than Ford did in the 30 million dollar automated painting facility.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
wow! that's better than new except for the salvage title!

car looks PERFECT! i bet there's not orange peel in the paint, either. :)

Last edited:

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
true, but bad things happen.

say the guy lost his job and was forced to sell the cobra... he unfortunately wouldn't get much for it if the buyer did his/her research.

stang03svtcobra

well i dunno how things are in your state but here in ohio u can finance a slvage car... so i would think its paid off.... so thus any thing he sells for wouldnt be bad

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Those guys ARE F'in masters!!! people that have those skills and can do that kinda work at home blow me away!!

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Damnnn great job!

I see they even had to cut the driver quarte panel. They nust have gotten a great deal. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone that route. I do plan on keeping the car so title would not matter much to me.

Juiced-03

Established Member
WOW thats very impressive!! I agree with ghostryder, that is probably a car they will keep a a very long time, so who cares about the title. No one has to know about it but them. Hell, that car looks as good as new. Does it track straight? I know a lot of cars that been through that kind of restoration never drive straight and pull to the right or left.

Looks great!!

Users who are viewing this thread