So who makes a CAI for a Procharger?

4VFTW

Established Member
I do actually...
20150509_131401_zpscd8qdkp9.jpg

20150508_174755_zps2efnitsb.jpg

I just wanted to see if it could be done. It took some cutting of the sheet metal similar to how the Kenne Bell CAI requires, also moved the horns slightly and moved the 2 ground wires below the headlight as well as a modification to the back of the headlight. Its made of 4" piping and it is a very tight fit. It could be made to fit better by having it custom made by someone who fabs Turbos.

I don't really expect any performance gains as I think the perceived issue with the Procharger drawing air off the header is horseshit anyway , but I get bored when i'm not working on the car and I figured it couldn't possibly hurt and nobody else had done it so what the hell.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Everyone always says the procharger has bad air filter placement but no one has ever actually shown problems from it.

Looks good!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good! Did u notice any loss in boost from those extra 90 degree turns?

this is what I was wondering.

OP intake looks great.... and id be willing to be even if you did lose one psi of boost the cooler air would more than offset it.

Taken it for a drive yet?

5lho

Established Member
Well done sir. That's some tight radius work there.

Your analysis is correct though. Intake air temp on a forced induction car is pretty irrelevant. The heat pumped into the charge by compressing the air makes a few degrees of IAT drop totally insignificant. Boost air temp is what matters and that's the size and efficiency of your intercooler setup and the efficiency of the blower in the range its asked to run.

cjd223

Established Member
Nicely done! A friend of mine is thinking about going blown. I recommended a Procharger Stage 2 with the D1 upgrade. If needed he can add a torque converter. I too think the location of the Procharger air filter is irrelevant. That's why you have the big intercooler. What you did is very similar to what I did on my '87 Buick T-Type. I hung a big cone filter down behind the left headlight.
We were discussing the Boss intake you have. Does it really add much HP?

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member

Your analysis is correct though. Intake air temp on a forced induction car is pretty irrelevant. The heat pumped into the charge by compressing the air makes a few degrees of IAT drop totally insignificant. Boost air temp is what matters and that's the size and efficiency of your intercooler setup and the efficiency of the blower in the range its asked to run.

This

4VFTW

Established Member
Nicely done! A friend of mine is thinking about going blown. I recommended a Procharger Stage 2 with the D1 upgrade. If needed he can add a torque converter. I too think the location of the Procharger air filter is irrelevant. That's why you have the big intercooler. What you did is very similar to what I did on my '87 Buick T-Type. I hung a big cone filter down behind the left headlight.
We were discussing the Boss intake you have. Does it really add much HP?
I ported the Boss IM and it showed a 1.5mph gain over a ported stock IM in my testing (d/a was virtually identical)

I will make back to back passes at the track with each intake to put the whole issue to bed next time I go.

4VFTW

Established Member
Looks good man. Track soon?

wont be this week Buddy, things wont line up right to make it wednesday and friday is on lock with the wife. Mark your calendar for June 10/12...possibly something before that if my days off line up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread