So...who here is legal?

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Let's face it. The feds are taking at least SOME of the fun out of everything we do. Since we don't all live in Fiji, at least most of us have some very difficult challenges to face.
I live in Stafford, VA so I am relegated to Northern VA emissions testing. Richmond just below me is not(not yet, anyway). I have a couple things on my 03 which puts me at about 450hp on the motor and I'm fully emissions legal(just tested a couple months ago). Should I go higher with turbos or different blower types, I would like to stay legal. I've noticed some of you guys are near me so are subject to the same type of restrictions. Are you guys legal or what? You guys run cats? How many? Do you swtich your tunes for testing or remove parts? For reasons unbenownst to me, I want to go turbo but probably never will for various reasons. Emissions is not necessarily one, but I'm interested in who has their single and twin systems fully legit. Va doesn't really care what is on the car as long as it passes. Their tests are loaded(on a dyno) and are retested every two years. If it's doable, a switch chip with one side normal and one side for testing would be perfect, at least for me. So, pour it on me. How'd you guys do it? For me, I'd like to stay emissions compliant for shock value just to show that it is possible.

TRBO VNM

hellion has an option for a high flow cat. so you can be legal with the kit. I am not and my county does not require testing. tunes can be adjusted to help with sniffer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread