So, who do you think wins?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
[youtube_browser]3xn2hhMeiQs[/youtube_browser]
I say Mayweather by domination, but I'll be rooting for Canelo since I can't stand Mayweather.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Canelo is not in the same league as mayweather.
Pbf by decision

makevelie187

Established Member
i'm going for canelo but i know he won't win, i don't even think he will get close. He took a decent amount of hits in his last fight, mayweather barely ever gets hit and is on a whole different level of boxing. Despite his age he hasn't shown that it is even an issue.

The only person that has a chance at mayweather will be Adrian Broner in a few years thats if he is still dominating and moving up in weight classes like he has been. Other than that no one will touch mayweather, I'd love to see him finally lose but you have to realize he is one of the best boxers in his weight class to every fight and no one is close to that at this current time.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
i'm going for canelo but i know he won't win, i don't even think he will get close. He took a decent amount of hits in his last fight, mayweather barely ever gets hit and is on a whole different level of boxing. Despite his age he hasn't shown that it is even an issue.

The only person that has a chance at mayweather will be Adrian Broner in a few years thats if he is still dominating and moving up in weight classes like he has been. Other than that no one will touch mayweather, I'd love to see him finally lose but you have to realize he is one of the best boxers in his weight class to every fight and no one is close to that at this current time.
F*CK Adrien Broner! He tries way to damn hard to be Mayweather and he's been asked numerous times about fighting Floyd and he says no. I hate how he rides Floyd's nuts and calls him "my big brother". LOL, Adrien Broner shouldn't even be compared to Floyd

makevelie187

Established Member
I feel the same way you do about broner. But you have to realize you can ask adrian a million times if he wants to fight mayweather but there are many more proven boxers inline ready to fight mayweather so it would never happen for a long time just for that reason.

I never said he would beat him or i'd compare him to mayweather i said if anyone has a chance it would be broner "IF" he keeps up at the rate at which he has been fighting at, which has been dominating everyone in his path. ITs ridiculous how much adrian wants to be like mayweather, its probably one of his kids and doesn't even know it haha, adrian has copied his stance and attitude step by step and word for word. I can't stand either one of these fighters i'm waiting for one to loose. GO Conelo!!!!

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
Mayweather is going to make it look easy, everybody thought Mayweather was getting old and his legs are slowing down after Cotto and he came back and looked 27 for the Gurerro fight ... Mayweather does not take chances unless he knew it was an easy fight, I personally think it would be an easier fight than Gurerro, for one Canelo is an orthodox so Mayweather can go back to his shoulder roll defense that he couldn't use with a southpaw like Gurerro and make him miss all his shots, only 16% of Canelo's shots are going to land and not any clean shots.

Canelo is another Hyped up boxer by golden boy promotion that doesn't have what it takes to be the next big thing, he fights smaller dudes like josasito Lopez (which is an overrated fighter than only got his shot cuz he luckily broke Ortiz's jaw in the fight after Ortiz was whopping his ass) or old people like Mosley, only decent fighter was Trout and that should have been a draw if golden boy didn't have the judges in their pockets, he only have 9 fights in the states and the rest was in Mexico so nobody knows the apponents or how creditable the record is, so to me his record is 9-0 .... He is going to get school September 14th

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
As much as I hate to see it, Mayweather will outbox Canelo; probably for the duration of the fight.

However, it's a win win for Canelo. It's great experience for a very young fighter. And, if he somehow catches Mayweather...

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Canelo is another Hyped up boxer by golden boy promotion that doesn't have what it takes to be the next big thing, he fights smaller dudes like josasito Lopez (which is an overrated fighter than only got his shot cuz he luckily broke Ortiz's jaw in the fight after Ortiz was whopping his ass) or old people like Mosley, only decent fighter was Trout and that should have been a draw if golden boy didn't have the judges in their pockets, he only have 9 fights in the states and the rest was in Mexico so nobody knows the apponents or how creditable the record is, so to me his record is 9-0 .... He is going to get school September 14th

I'd have to disagree with you about Canelo. You make it sound like he's some seasoned fighter who should have been fighting the best in the sport years ago.

He turns 23 on July 18. It's hard to blame his promoters for building him up to this point. That's what all promoters do with young fighters.

If you can't see his potential to be one of the best boxers in this era, you don't know boxing.

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
Mayweather is only a douche on Camera, my buddy at the boxing gym fought a guy that was promoted by my Mayweather and got to hangout with all of the 3 Mayweather's and said they re very classy people in real life .. It's just a show and a persona they put on to sell tickets cuz that's what sells, it's like WWE all show in front of the camera and trash talking so people would pay to see it, he is a smart business man, and I find it entertaining ... We all know Mayweather is the biggest hypocrite but its funny ... I like Canelo but he just doesn't have what it takes really to get even close, he ll just embarrass him September 14th and ruin Mexico's Independence Day for Mexican boxing fans cuz they re all believing that Canelo can beat him

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
I'd have to disagree with you about Canelo. You make it sound like he's some seasoned fighter who should have been fighting the best in the sport years ago.

He turns 23 on July 18. It's hard to blame his promoters for building him up to this point. That's what all promoters do with young fighters.

If you can't see his potential to be one of the best boxers in this era, you don't know boxing.

Well I never said he doesn't have potentials, I don't know that but it's hard to sell that guy or for American fans to buy him, for once he doesn't speak English so American fans can't relate to him, even though Mexicans fans are crazy about boxing, but to be the next big thing like Floyd, you would have to have a personality like Floyd, Tyson or Ali .... There are tons of people who don't know boxing but you ask my mom and she knows who those people are because their involved in many other things and entertaining that even a non boxing fans know who they are, Canelo would NOT be the next big thing here in the states, he is already the biggest thing in Mexico and I agree he is only 23 but he is not half as good as Marquez or Oscar, but he has time to be there

I think he should have avoided Mayweather and kept his undefeated record but now he ll fight competitive fighters and it would only go down from there I think .. And believe me, even though I only have amature fights on my record and didn't turn pro yet but I know boxing my friend

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
Canelo is too slow...no defense..and his style is too simple..and his corner is not up to par with Floyds. He has a punchers chance. But PBF main challenges are at jr welter and below.

People under estimate Floyds power. They get stung one time and their whole game plan changes. He can knock your ass out if he sits into his shots. Which as he has gotten older he is doing more and more.

Roger and Sr will have Canelo figured out in 3 rounds.

PBF by stoppage.

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
Canelo is too slow...no defense..and his style is too simple..and his corner is not up to par with Floyds. He has a punchers chance. But PBF main challenges are at jr welter and below.

People under estimate Floyds power. They get stung one time and their whole game plan changes. He can knock your ass out if he sits into his shots. Which as he has gotten older he is doing more and more.

Roger and Sr will have Canelo figured out in 3 rounds.

PBF by stoppage.

You are correct, they asked Mosley who hits harder since he fought both and he said they hit just as hard, so idk why everybody is making a big deal about Canelo's power like its 10times stronger than Floyd's .. They re both strong punchers, also Mosley said Canelo would NOT win against Floyd, interview can be found on YouTube somewhere

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
Oh and even though Canelo is 23, he has a stamina of a 40 year old and he even admitted to it in the conferences when he was asked if he took some rounds off in the Trout fight, and he said YES I was coming from a 9 month lay off and I had to save my energy cuz I was getting tired, that can also be found on YouTube but I noticed he gets tired in just about every fight around round 4 or so and then cruise to the end or gets sloppy and take tons of punches at the end

gamebred26

Established Member
I dont like Floyd as a man...but as a boxer..he is the best. I have been watching this sport for a looooong time. In this era he is the man. That cocky ..shit talking side is to sell fights.

The guy is super talented and works his ass off in the gym. He's not some lazy **** who survives on talent alone. He is the real deal. That ego drives him to be the best.

I would love to see him get his block knocked off...but not in this fight.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I dont like Floyd as a man...but as a boxer..he is the best. I have been watching this sport for a looooong time. In this era he is the man. That cocky ..shit talking side is to sell fights.

The guy is super talented and works his ass off in the gym. He's not some lazy **** who survives on talent alone. He is the real deal. That ego drives him to be the best.

I would love to see him get his block knocked off...but not in this fight.
I have to agree with every single damn thing you just said!!

gamebred26

Established Member
On a side note Genady Golovkin ( spelling? ) should give Macklin a beating tonight. Probably have to be stopped. Time for him to fight some better competition.

61mmstang94

Established Member
People still box?

Do you know how quick tickets sold out? And how many people are going to watch this fight?

There's a reason Mayweather is worth something like over $150,000,000.00.

And he'll probably get something around $50,000,000.00 for this fight?

And it's not because boxing is going downhill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread