So where do you actually take your Shelby?

nxhappy

Established Member
Long and straight country roads....where Black Panther can unleash its fury :rockon:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah. People get too hung up on resale/"collectability." I've taken mine to DC, Fairfax several times, Atlanta, New Orleans, central Texas, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, and all over central and western NC/upstate SC. I used to worry about the miles, but once I went mod crazy on it, I said "screw it." I'm never gonna get any good money out it now. Sitting on 37K miles at present.

bFoxGt500

Established Member
Mine used to be my daily driver until I ... 1.) started doing more HPDE track events and setting the car up for it, which made it less comfortable on the city streets and 2.( bought a 99 Mustang GT to daily drive. Now, I take it out on the weekends and drive it pretty much anywhere I go. Car has 56K miles on it. Yes, I've had a couple of small dings that I've had fixed and a few fine scratches here and there, but I don't take it to shows. The more I drive it, the better.

PrestonJ

Established Member
She's my daily driver so she goes anywhere I go all year round. :) I enjoy my car.

10997526_10153146809492774_3889449013997866770_o.jpg

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Those that daily drive their Shelbys all year long will live VERY long lives! The rest of us will eat our insides out with pits in our stomachs and pressure in our heads. I wish I could "not care" as the others.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I drive mine to work a couple days a week. Also on weekends for errands. I do enjoy show and shines, so I avoid rain if possible. Rain just gets everything so damn messy for shows. However, if I encounter rain no big deal. I have owned garage queens before and don't want to do that again. The car is just too nice to enjoy. Road trip--even better!

Tom

rfugio68

Established Member
Anywhere and everywhere, 20k miles a year. Airstrips, rally's, canyon runs, and lots of traffic. I don't really think its anything special, people could lean on it or whatever as long as they don't tear through the vinyl.

TED_7049-X2_zpscaaqwkqu.jpg

TED_7042-X2_zps0t720o78.jpg

billabong333

Established Member
I put 35,000 miles a year on my car and drive it in the snow and I park it next to trucks at movie theaters.
No way I'm trippin. I have a chevy volt for all that as my daily. Wish I had the nerve to do that. Just can't do it I'd be a mental wreck.

PrestonJ

Established Member
Those that daily drive their Shelbys all year long will live VERY long lives! The rest of us will eat our insides out with pits in our stomachs and pressure in our heads. I wish I could "not care" as the others.

I wouldn't say we "don't care." I care about my car a great deal but that's not going to prevent me from enjoying it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I put 35,000 miles a year on my car and drive it in the snow and I park it next to trucks at movie theaters.
No way I'm trippin. I have a chevy volt for all that as my daily. Wish I had the nerve to do that. Just can't do it I'd be a mental wreck.

I absolutely care! I still keep it as clean as the next guy, if not more than. But after thinking about how much coin I've dropped into this thing, including the purchase price, it doesn't make sense to just let it rot in the garage. That said, I still don't get to drive it as often as I'd like. I also still don't drive it in bad weather.

nxhappy

Established Member
I don't have bad weather lol, just rain. But I only drive her on the weekends. My daily is the trusty F150!

billabong333

Established Member
Daily driving for me would mean sitting in stop n go traffic everyday for an hour. That's not driving to me. That's torcher. Thats the main reason I don't daily drive it.

tvspower

Established Member
My 08 has 72k kms . In 8 yrs driven her 56 months and parked 40 months for winter. She is my daily driver also very clean and take her everywhere. EXCEPT shopping malls..Never. It is the most fun car to drive than any other I've owned. At 648whp/650wtq it is a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread