So What Kind Of Fan Are You?

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
as a life long Longhorn, i have gone thru many different stages. anger, happiness, depression. HAHAH. i try to be an adult when they lose, but I have been known to throw a remote or two.

I cannot begin to tell you the anger I felt on Nov. 1st 2008 when Blake Gideon went full retard and forgot how to catch a football. :cuss:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Since born I've been a Rangers, Mavericks,Longhorns,Stars and Cowboys fan. I get mad and sometimes down when my team loses depending on the game. I may yell a bit and throw a remote occasionally but I don't get outta control even when I've been drinking.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
College ball:
Gators
SEC
FL teams

Pro:
Raiders, I have suffered a lot in recent years.

I am the kind of guy who gets angry when my team is behind 21 points. I shut off the TV and go fishing. Then I come back and find out they come back to win. I throw shit around then (ok my wife won't let me throw anything, but if I could)!

Last edited by a moderator:

mysterio

Established Member
I get disappointed when my teams lose but usually not mad. I grew up with nothing but failure from Boston teams, except for the Celtics but I'm not a basketball fan so I didn't get any excitement when they won, so I go into most games or playoffs series expecting to lose. Even with the great success over the last decade the pessimism I have is tattooed in my brain.

Well said, Steve. I'm pretty similar.

Any New Englander over 30 has what Colin Cowherd calls 'a wounded sports psyche.' Meaning that we have had our guts stomped on so many times, that we're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

My dad gave up on the Red Sox after 86 and the Buckner fiasco. He said his heart just couldn't take it anymore. He died in 2003, just one year short of seeing that miracle in his lifetime.

This past decade of quality sports teams in the Boston area is still unbelievable to many New Englanders......and there's a ton of us still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
stupid die hard cowboys fan. im trying to talk myself out of it a little though and pretend not to care as much.

Brian95SVT

Established Member
I'm definitely a big fan of my teams (Redskins & Mets) where I get mad when they lose but still remain a fan.

On the other hand I'm not as big of a fan as most when it comes to knowing every player, their stats, etc.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Professional:

Chicago Bears
Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago Bulls
Chicago White Sox

College:

Miami U
Florida
UCLA

oh and being from Chicago, i hate and i mean i HATEEEEEEE the CUBS!

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Well said, Steve. I'm pretty similar.

Any New Englander over 30 has what Colin Cowherd calls 'a wounded sports psyche.' Meaning that we have had our guts stomped on so many times, that we're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

My dad gave up on the Red Sox after 86 and the Buckner fiasco. He said his heart just couldn't take it anymore. He died in 2003, just one year short of seeing that miracle in his lifetime.

This past decade of quality sports teams in the Boston area is still unbelievable to many New Englanders......and there's a ton of us still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Absolutely Jeff. And sorry about your dad. Would have been nice if he could have seen the Sox come back and stomp out the Yankees in '04 and go on to win the WS.

Rambro

Established Member
The only team that can get my blood pressure up are my steelers. We're not very good this year and I have come to terms with this but I still get fired up when people trash talk them. In baseball all I have known is the cardinals but I'm not fanatical about them like I am the steelers.

Users who are viewing this thread