So What Kind Of Fan Are You?

Marc

Established Member
Meaning so die hard that you break things when your team loses or the opposite...no real sweat off your back if your team loses.

Being a fan of all Colorado different sports teams since my early teens, I have been through all different stages.

When I was a younger guy, 20 years ago (give or take a few years), I would yell and scream and use every 4-letter word in the book when my team would make a bad play or lose (especially the Broncos). My wife wouldn't even be in the same room as me when a football game was on. :lol: I would be mad for the next 2-3 days after a loss. Hell, I would lose sleep that night thinking about it. :lol: And I didn't know the meaning of "Friendly bashing". :lol: It was almost always personal.

Now in my older and wiser years, when my team loses, I brush it off. No biggie, no losing sleep, don't get pissed off by friendly bashing, etc...

Now, don't get me wrong, watching a Broncos game I still get excited and can yell and scream with the best of them, but with my son watching along with me, I am more civilized than my younger days. :lol:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
As a life long Pittsburgh pro sports fan I've had my ups and downs. When attending games I'm pretty mild mannered when sober. I was just at a Penguins hockey game this weekend with my Dad and he made twice as much noise as me. According to him everything was a penalty lol.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I grew up a little different.

I was raised in Puerto Rico without cable so all the sports I watched was the local sports teams. Winter Baseball, PR's basketball league, etc.

The first SuperBowl I watched was SB XXX (I was 12). Not until I moved back to the states I saw all the these teams.

I was a Warrick Dunn fan so I became a FSU fan. Watching old videos of Randall Cunningham and watching them on TV one day, I became an Eagles fan.

Like any fan, you stick through their ups and downs.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i dont get mad. i used to. i kicked a cat across the room once.

now it i just enjoy it.

stupid Ref's make me mad.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'm a diehard fan of baseball mainly. Played since I could walk, all the way through HS. Probably could have made the team at the college I went too, but my degree at the time consumed all free time. So I just root from the stands now, and get mad when something stupid happens. :cuss:

I do consider myself a fan of Football in general, but not just one team. I like to troll homers for many teams every now and again (Cowboys mainly :lol1:).

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
as a life long Longhorn, i have gone thru many different stages. anger, happiness, depression. HAHAH. i try to be an adult when they lose, but I have been known to throw a remote or two.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
as a life long Longhorn, i have gone thru many different stages. anger, happiness, depression. HAHAH. i try to be an adult when they lose, but I have been known to throw a remote or two.
Here here. Haha

I know the feeling as a Longhorn fan, Astros fan, and now Rangers fan.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I get disappointed when my teams lose but usually not mad. I grew up with nothing but failure from Boston teams, except for the Celtics but I'm not a basketball fan so I didn't get any excitement when they won, so I go into most games or playoffs series expecting to lose. Even with the great success over the last decade the pessimism I have is tattooed in my brain.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Meaning so die hard that you break things when your team loses or the opposite...no real sweat off your back if your team loses.

Being a fan of all Colorado different sports teams since my early teens, I have been through all different stages.

When I was a younger guy, 20 years ago (give or take a few years), I would yell and scream and use every 4-letter word in the book when my team would make a bad play or lose (especially the Broncos). My wife wouldn't even be in the same room as me when a football game was on. :lol: I would be mad for the next 2-3 days after a loss. Hell, I would lose sleep that night thinking about it. :lol: And I didn't know the meaning of "Friendly bashing". :lol: It was almost always personal.

Now in my older and wiser years, when my team loses, I brush it off. No biggie, no losing sleep, don't get pissed off by friendly bashing, etc...

Now, don't get me wrong, watching a Broncos game I still get excited and can yell and scream with the best of them, but with my son watching along with me, I am more civilized than my younger days. :lol:

I have been thru the various stages, lifelong Houston fan...Gotta take it in stride and have thick skin to cheer for our teams!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Same here with stages, now I don't really lose my cool when my teams do poorly or blow it ( Giants, Jets, Mets, Heat, Wolverines). Getting older I have realized that taking it in strde works best. Less stress on the heart, I am into the games like always but I am not a crazed fan.

20redfire03

Established Member
I'm usually bummed out after a loss but try to keep my cool unless provoked by friends.

Panic661

Established Member
Dodgers haven't won a WS since the year I was born, Chargers never win.. I was born disappointed. I might cuss at the tv every now and then, but I don't lose sleep over losses.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Pro sports don't excite me...I don't really follow any team closely.

As a Buckeye born and raised, I have gone through all the stages. Now I only get worked up once a year...when we play Michigan. The gloves come off for that game.

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
Newborn - 13: I liked individual players on different teams but always attended Houston games because my father took me. Oilers Astros and Rockets.. shit my Mother took me to one Rockets playoff game during our Back to Back Championships(93-95) :rockon:

14 - 18: Followed baseball more than any other sport by reading stats in newspapers, collecting cards like a mofo and playing ball etc.

Adult: Loyal and die hard Houston sports fan.. I don't follow soccer, though. I get pissed off from time to time but watch every game until the last second. I quit wearing jerseys but wear A LOT of Texans/Astros shirts hats etc. I can afford roughly 5 games(any sport) a year.. I go all out with good seats/drinking/eating.

And one thing I will never understand about sports fans.. when they dress up in stupid shit for football games. Save the costumes for Halloween.

Coiled03

Established Member
I used to get pissed, scream at the TV, throw shit, etc..

Then I grew up.

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Buffalo Bills fan here.

Mostly yelling and screaming. The booze on Sundays doesn't help, for sure.

At the end of the day, the losses are expected though so I don't stay mad for long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Pro sports don't excite me...I don't really follow any team closely.

As a Buckeye born and raised, I have gone through all the stages. Now I only get worked up once a year...when we play Michigan. The gloves come off for that game.

You're going to be doing a lot off cussing and yelling this year. :thumbsup:

Newborn - 13: I liked individual players on different teams but always attended Houston games because my father took me. Oilers Astros and Rockets.. shit my Mother took me to one Rockets playoff game during our Back to Back Championships(93-95) :rockon:

14 - 18: Followed baseball more than any other sport by reading stats in newspapers, collecting cards like a mofo and playing ball etc.

Adult: Loyal and die hard Houston sports fan.. I don't follow soccer, though. I get pissed off from time to time but watch every game until the last second. I quit wearing jerseys but wear A LOT of Texans/Astros shirts hats etc. I can afford roughly 5 games(any sport) a year.. I go all out with good seats/drinking/eating.

And one thing I will never understand about sports fans.. when they dress up in stupid shit for football games. Save the costumes for Halloween.

I don't get all crazy dressed up but I like watching the people that do.

Users who are viewing this thread