So...what is new -New Edge'rs"!

Nazman

Established Member
So what is new brothers?

For me? Well, I tell you that I have been working some LOOOOOONNNNNNGGG hours seven days per week! Looking at 0500-2300 hours daily! Man, the Army is getting the last they can off me! :shrug: Oh well...some one has to do it!

Looking foward to the new year and new things to come! I have been working on my website: Nazty Performance -Your Source! and bunch other things!

As far as the car goes, well....I decided to make my own sheet metal intake! :rockon: I have spent quite of bit of time (the little I got to spare) doing the design on it.

Since Im running those Ford GT heads on a 4.6 based block I had to go custom intake. I was going to pay to get it done, but based on the time line (waiting time) and cost.....-huge- I decided to do my own....not before considering that I had access to the FR500C intake...but the runner lenght and RPM capablility of that intake did not support my application so it just reinforced my desire to do my own. I have some fairly decent welding skills so...fugg it! :rockon:

So far I got about five versions of it, all based on the ~the same design just diferent plenum areas and few little details, so far as of today I got it were I want it and put it down to scale! Which is good, and Im doing it on Auto CAD (2008) which is a SICK program....but a HUGE learning curve!

I'm going to do a full size "mock-up" this week (Ill post some pics) its a learning curve but I think that I can pull it off.

Ill have two diferent runner lenghts, with two difrent plenum sizes and one common plenum floor. This will enable me to combine runner lenghts with plenum volumes to account for 4 diferent combos. They will be modular and very easy to swap while AT the dyno!!!!! Im very excited about it! :rockon:

Ill share the very first "draw" of it! So far, its pretty much the same with some diferent measurements.

med_gallery_1217_531_43248.jpg

Any how......what is new with you guys!

Naz

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Damn Naz!!!

I'll be looking at a H/C/I combo from you in the spring hopefully.

2001asp

Established Member
You think you've been busy.....My wife bought me a Cobra Fender Gripper from American Muscle for Xmas and I installed it into my trunk,,,man what a nuckle buster........LoL,,,just kidding sounds like a Badass project. Is this something your gonna market to the Public?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Not much happening here lately....well except for installing the Nazty Performance H/C/I package.

I am sure you have the ability to pull it off. After seeing your work, I have no doubt.

Last edited:

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Site is looking good Naz! I'm working on a HD T56 swap in my 99 nowand while doing this still comtemplating the N/A vs. Centri direction for the "more power" part of the project.

Nazman

Established Member
Pshhht, just put a shortened runner/imrc delete on my bolton 96. Beat that :)

Congrats! It will scream! Did Todd did that B-head intake? He does good work!

Damn Naz!!!

LOL!, Great! Just let me know how I could help you!

Army has it's way of doing that. Good luck witht the new intake. Can't wait to see the results.

Ill be retired here in a few....but, they got to get as much as they can! :banana:

Im very excited about the sheet metal intake! Plus, the harderst thing which is determine the right runner lenght and plennum volume its done.

With two plenum sizes and two diferent runner lenghts into a modular common plenum floor will give me the tunability I want!

You think you've been busy.....My wife bought me a Cobra Fender Gripper from American Muscle for Xmas and I installed it into my trunk,,,man what a nuckle buster........LoL,,,just kidding sounds like a Badass project. Is this something your gonna market to the Public?

Congratulations! Good wife! :beer:

In the very near future, Im planing on getting a beater Mustang GT and swap a mild short block (forged), this will become the dyno mule. At that time, Ill play with a sheet metal option.

Not much happening here lately....well except for installing the Nazty Performance H/C/I package.

I am sure you have the ability to pull it off. After seeing your work, I have no doubt.

You'll get that. Its not as bad!

She will be a screamer! Cant wait to see her run!
Site is looking good Naz! I'm working on a HD T56 swap in my 99 nowand while doing this still comtemplating the N/A vs. Centri direction for the "more power" part of the project.

That looks like an amazing project:pop: How long before you expect to start your next build?

My current combo is on-going. My next build will be for the Notch, and it will be FI combo!

Naz

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Damn Naz!!!

Stop looking and do it. Great mod, great guy to work with:beer:

Naz, I have been watching lots of Pinks and they did one in San Antonio. Did you make it out for that? I remember you saying something about it a while back. Also, you need a customer review section on your website. Maybe a place to post some dyno graphs.

I'm done with the Cobra for a while, gasp, at least till tax return comes in. I think I'm going to do some coil overs and install my rack bushings, bumpsteer, and x2 ball joints and call it good for a loooooong time. I just got a bunch of bike parts though, new handlebars, HID headlight, and driving lights to install while it's cold out. Other than that, just learning how to be a dad. :lol1:

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Stop looking and do it. Great mod, great guy to work with:beer:

How i wish i had the cash to just do that. Im doing my leakdown tomorrow to see whether i need a new shortblock or if a seal or something in the heads is bad, and im also trying to save for a new Daily driver since i hate DDing the cobra. But we'll see how things pan out

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Not a whole lot here. Dyno tune in 2 weeks. Gonna have to drop a bit of money on a new top instead of where I would rather put the money, but oh well.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Sounds good, Naz, and everyone one else for that matter.

For me, I pulled the nose off the 99 this weekend. Replaced the headlight panel, removed the AC condenser, and built my own breather can. New fog light bezels should be in this week as well as the threaded rod for the back of the coolant overflow tank. I also may need to replace my passenger inner fender liner, found a HUGE hole in it from tire rub. I guess I came loose the last time I was at VIR. I also need to go buy new brake ducts.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
So Naz 18hrs per day 7 Days a week = 86HRS of Overtime per week. + 40 reg pay. I wonder what crazy build you will have next with income like that. Since you have already done Big Bore and then Turbo. I say your next build is 5.4 liter stroked and either a whipple 3.4 or a kennebell everything and Naz Port EVERYTHING. If you dont want to build it for yourself, Build it for all of us on SVTP.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
It's not every day that an entire forum gets to sit in on the design of an intake from beginning to end. Great contribution Naz!!

elyrain

Established Member
So Naz 18hrs per day 7 Days a week = 86HRS of Overtime per week. + 40 reg pay. I wonder what crazy build you will have next with income like that. Since you have already done Big Bore and then Turbo. I say your next build is 5.4 liter stroked and either a whipple 3.4 or a kennebell everything and Naz Port EVERYTHING. If you dont want to build it for yourself, Build it for all of us on SVTP.

You don't get overtime in the military, same salary every month no matter how much you work, or don't work....

Users who are viewing this thread