So what do you think?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
yeah I bought a beater and I drive it year round. Runs great, is comfortable enough... :shrug:
I don't know what I'm going to get if I don't go through with the 05', I'd probably keep driving the LTD for a bit. They're cheap and reliable, the 4 doors are nice to have, and they handle pretty well. I'm almost certain I'll hang onto my car for a long time, just because it's worth more to keep than it is to sell. I'm not into it very deep, mind you, but I'm into it deep enough that it's smarter just to hang onto it.
Fuel economy is pathetic though. It's a 22 year old ford family sedan with a carb'd 3.8 - fuel economy doesn't exist with this car. It's alright, but not steller.

Anyways, haha I got the beater first! Now I'm looking for the next car.

Another idea for a beater would be an old subaru - seriously - cheap, reliable, they'll run on anything short of piss in the tank, and they have AWD
The 4 cylinder lacks alot of power however. Emergency passing power just isn't there in my sister/brother in-law's like it is in my LTD
so yeah, what are you looking for in a winter beater, exactly?

having said all this, why not go play in the snow with a mustang? I know I would. Of course, I also live in a mild climate where cars don't rust out in 10 years.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
The minute you drive most NEW cars off the lot the depreciate something like 4k. The MINUTE you drive it off the lot.

No, more like the second you sign the dotted line and the title to the car is in your name

bp03svt

Established Member
Go with a newer GT or an older Cobra. The 94-98's are great cars. The prices of the newer GT's are coming down some, so there's a great choice also. You should get a stang and get a cheap beater.

SVTChic

DestroySomethingBeautiful
Established Member
Thanks everybody for your advice so far.... I still don't know what to do but thats okay. haha! I'll let you guys know what I decide. Thanks again everyone!

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
SlowSVT95 said:
I agree with that... As much as I love my truck, it was the worst investment I've ever made....and I keep dropping more and more $$ into it. Once you start with mods, you can't stop. :nonono:

Oh well :shrug:
Same here. I keep saying to myself to stop buying stuff for it so I can use more money on getting it paid off, but I can't stop. I just spent a bunch of $$$ on shocks a leaf springs to get it lowered. This shit it like a damn drug, I can't stop. :nonono: :(

Users who are viewing this thread