So what do you think?

SVTChic

DestroySomethingBeautiful
Established Member
I'm thinking of trading in my focus for a mustang as soon as the weather gets a little better... what do you guys think? The thing is if I decide to trade in the focus I won't have a winter car anymore and I live in MA so we get a lot of snow. I'm not sure what to do so I wanted to get a few opions. Thanks!

SVTChic

DestroySomethingBeautiful
Established Member
MassCobra said:
Thats what most of us do.

What year and model are you looking to get?

I'm not sure what year and model I want.... I would like to get a 03 cobra but I don't know if that will happen. So I'll probably end up getting a Mach 1 or just a GT. I'm not sure on the year that I want. Probably at least 2000. I have an 05 focus right now so I think I could get a pretty good trade in value. What do you think?

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
i would keep the focus and save for the cobra. insurance and gas mileage are going to hit hard for a daily driver.

you know you're going to want more power and with the way the terminators are dropping in resale you'll be able to pick one up in the low twenties in no time.

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Cars are the worst investments ever...save for a house or something :).

(Of course i already have a cobra so its easy to say)

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
wals9331 said:
Cars are the worst investments ever...save for a house or something :).

(Of course i already have a cobra so its easy to say)
I agree with that... As much as I love my truck, it was the worst investment I've ever made....and I keep dropping more and more $$ into it. Once you start with mods, you can't stop. :nonono:

Oh well :shrug:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
that's why you never buy new :p

SlowSVT95 said:
I agree with that... As much as I love my truck, it was the worst investment I've ever made....and I keep dropping more and more $$ into it. Once you start with mods, you can't stop. :nonono:

Oh well :shrug:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
that's why you never buy new :p

I dont get a discount on used cars...plus i know all the places my cobra has been and know exactly what was done to her....

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
wals9331 said:
plus i know all the places my cobra has been and know exactly what was done to her....
I agree with that... that's one of the reasons I wanted my truck new.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The minute you drive most NEW cars off the lot the depreciate something like 4k. The MINUTE you drive it off the lot.

IMO, I'd rather wait, but a used one. Yes you know where your car has been. But, that's why you don't buy the first one you come across and do your home work.

Could you sell your Cobra six months later for what you owe on it? Most people probably couldn't. I could sell my truck for what I paid for it 9 months ago.

That's just my view.
wals9331 said:
I dont get a discount on used cars...plus i know all the places my cobra has been and know exactly what was done to her....

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If you get a used GT, try to get an 01+ That way you get the Tremec trans, as opposed to the T45. You also get smoked headlights.

If you can afford the Cobra, you will certainly enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread