So unfair.......

4camV8

Established Member
why can't i have one of these?

skyline.jpg

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
if you seriously want a Nissan Skyline then let me know, i still have friends that are stationed in japan and can pick one up for you. granted you have to pay for the car + shipping and conversion if you want it street legal.

StangD281

Established Member
There is a full blown, right-hand drive, straight off the boat Skyline GT-R R34 for sale in Pittsburgh. IIRC the asking price is $85,000.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I saw 3 Skylines rolling up the northbound 605 Fwy at the 60 Interchange about a month ago. They were each on their own flatbed Tow truck. They were all right hand drive cars.

they dont do much for me. I like and respect the power but the looks leave a little something to be desired IMO

A

SVTnv

The original Dr. Evil
Established Member
i'd give my right nut for one of those, one of these days i'll have one, that's a promise.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by gyacopetti
why arent they street legal?

1 emissions
2 Right hand driver position
3 no 5 MPH bumpers
4 can't run on our low octane has to have 95 on up.
5 suspension is not set up for our 3rd world roads.:bash: thats exactly how it feels when driving one every little bump you feel it.

Thats the 5 most obvious things that make it not US compliant
that and Nissan says theres not enough demand for a $50,000+
Sport car.:shrug:

Route666

Established Member
Originally posted by gyacopetti
why arent they street legal?

RHD

Another good car to get if you like skylines is a Holden (Australian, owned by GM) VL. These have nissan motors, go like a shower of poopie, theyre end of the 80s cars, but you bolt on a turbo, no internal work (as long as its in relatively good condition) and you've got yourself 600hp 10 second car.

I've read about one guy who bought a VL motor for $250, put it in his VL, put a turbo on, and got the results above. I personally KNOW someone with a VL turbo, and they = teh fastness.

Users who are viewing this thread