So the seat belt saved my life!

94gtGUY

ride till i die
Established Member
Hey just reminding everyone to drive with there seat belt on because it saved my life today.So what happened was i was driving down the pike doing about 60 and i look down at the radio and next thing i know BANG my truck got hit head on and it sent me rolling 3 times and i ended up in somebodys front lawn.I guess when the airbag went off it knocked me out cold because i woke up hanging from it and had to crawl my way out of the truck. So i got taken off in the ambulence to get checked out at the hospital and all that happened to me was a concusion and some cuts from the windows blowing out. Good thing is nobody got hurt,but if you look at my truck it looks so bad that i should have been dead. Well thats all just reminding everyone to always be on the lookout and have your seat belt on.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
damn...glad you're ok. And yes seat belts for sure save lives. They saved my ass in a 80mph crash this past summer.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Glad you are OK. I am religious and anal about the seat belts, this is another reinforcement.

svt_321

Banned
airbags save lifes too i rear ended a car 45+ without a seatbelt and the airbag saved me and my mom that was going with me i was taking her to work , and you can clearly see where my mom hit the airbag with her lips . don't rely on them though

94gtGUY

ride till i die
Established Member
im pretty sure it was a crown vic but im not possitive because when i crawled out of the truck i was still dazed

I need a Stang

Established Member
Yes, seatbelts do save your life, but I know of an occasion where a seat belt could have killed someone. My cousins boyfriend was coming back from a party, and he was in the passenger side, something hit the car or the car hit something and flipped or something. My cousin's boyfriend got sent through the windshield and launched 20 feet into a field. Police/medics said if he was wearing his seatbelt he would have died.

Glad your alright man, sorry about your truck though.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
94gtGUY said:
Hey just reminding everyone to drive with there seat belt on because it saved my life today.So what happened was i was driving down the pike doing about 60 and i look down at the radio and next thing i know BANG my truck got hit head on and it sent me rolling 3 times and i ended up in somebodys front lawn.I guess when the airbag went off it knocked me out cold because i woke up hanging from it and had to crawl my way out of the truck. So i got taken off in the ambulence to get checked out at the hospital and all that happened to me was a concusion and some cuts from the windows blowing out. Good thing is nobody got hurt,but if you look at my truck it looks so bad that i should have been dead. Well thats all just reminding everyone to always be on the lookout and have your seat belt on.

Good advice
I've been wearing seatbelts since I was 17, a long timie before it was law to do so. I'm almost 51.

btw, glad you're ok.

94gtGUY

ride till i die
Established Member
to be honest with you i really cant remember if i drifted into the other lane or if they drifted into the other lane becuase it happened so fast i didnt realize and once we collided the airbag went off and knocked me out cold for like 3 minutes

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I need a Stang said:
Yes, seatbelts do save your life, but I know of an occasion where a seat belt could have killed someone.
This is true, there are reports of the seatbelt actual being the cause of death but the amount of lives saved by seatbelts outweighs not wearing one by a landslide. I'm glad to hear that you're okay!

-Mike

94gtGUY

ride till i die
Established Member
im gonna go and try to get some pictures of the truck today and ill post them asap

Steeltwo

Established Member
i've known a few people that would have been killed if they had, had their seatbelts.

but i've also had a friend who was thrown from a car and ended up being thrown right into a tree.

that photo will haunt me until I die.
that being said, I always wear my seat belt.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Putting on my seatbelt isnt even a thought in my head, it just happens EVERY TIME I get into any car. Im very anal about seatbelts, and if you ride in my car, you will wear one. Glad you are ok man, that sounds like a nasty wreck.

Users who are viewing this thread