So The Prius Is Pretty Freaking Awesome!!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Just because the one you rented didn't plug in doesn't mean shit!! I posted the link from Toyota's website. The Toyota Prius plugs into the wall. You said the Prius' didn't. Option or not it's still available.

Not like it's aftermarket.

So a Cobra was not the standard offering... it's still a mustang.
If the Prius has only one option not "standard", what does that make it??? a prius. :bash:

comprehension reading owns you it does. :rollseyes

Ok, I can see you have some personal vendetta, or something, so I'll just let this go and make you feel like you won, but consider this. Your very arguement comparing one available option is as stupid as someone saying all '03-'04 Mustangs have 400+hp, just because one model had the option for a supercharged DOHC engine.:rollseyes The fact that a plug in model Prius is available in no way indicates that is the standard offering, which you were implying, and I have yet to see even 1 of those models in my area. The simple fact is that the bulk of the production of the Prius consists of the standard hybrid, with various options, then there is the plug in model which is also an option simple as that.

Dusten

Established Member
Honestly, you bring up some really valid points with regard to the batteries. I have thought about that myself, when seeing the tree hugger types flaunting how they are working to reduce their carbon footprint by driving a hybrid! How cool is that when they need to dispose of those batteries after 5 years, or so. Even when going to a full electric car, how do they think that electricity is made? That's right...oil, natural gas, or worse yet - nuclear with yet more waste that is extremely toxic to the environment.:rollseyes So much for reducing the carbon footprint! I guess they could always get a bicycle...:burnout:

Depends on where you're from. It's hydro power here

canibus

Established Member
Sorry for bringing back up a somewhat old thread, but I don't get on here as much as I used to.

Anyway, my manhood is definetly not an issue. I'm older, wiser and working on lifting a business off the ground in a recovering economy. I could care less about performance at this point, i've had a cobra and it was a great experience, but right now my future depends on the decisions I make right now. A prius not only will help my gas bill, but you'd be surprised how many housewives (who I deal with mostly, since men lost their balls a long time ago and let the women make all the decisions.) will be more inclined to give me their projects on the impression that i'm being "green." So in reality, i'm not looking to impress anybody. It'll be my work car and hopefully later down the line I'll be able to afford me a weekend sports car.

cobraracer46

Banned
^^^or get a jetta TDI if you have access to diesel. great car for a even greater price. prius could end up costing you more depending on electricity rates in your ares.

The only problem with that idea is that VW's have piss poor reliability and are a pain in the ass to work on. As a matter of fact, German cars such as Audi and Volkswagen are rubbish automobiles. Japanese vehicles such as Toyota are a million times easier to work on that the German junk and are way more reliable. **** the VW Jetta, go with the Toyota Prius.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Wish I could afford one of these. 0-60 in 3.7sec. and no gas required.

Roadster2.5windmills.jpg

firebird1999us

Established Member
The lack of intelligence here is mind-boggling. Go with the Prius. Save Money = Smart.

Not really. Those things sell in the mid $20k range and the batteries have a shelf life and will need to be replaced...or at least that's what I recall from previous models. How many miles do you have to drive to justify a car payment and the cost of interim technology at that rate:shrug:

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Not really. Those things sell in the mid $20k range and the batteries have a shelf life and will need to be replaced...or at least that's what I recall from previous models. How many miles do you have to drive to justify a car payment and the cost of interim technology at that rate:shrug:

That was covered a page, or 2 back. Someone broke down all the math, and it was almost 500k miles to break even on the cost difference.

firebird1999us

Established Member
That was covered a page, or 2 back. Someone broke down all the math, and it was almost 500k miles to break even on the cost difference.

Lolz:p

It's amazing that people don't understand that...there was a guy who sold his mach 1 and financed a brand new car because the insurance on the Mach 1 was to expensive. It's one of those forrest for the trees things:thumbsup:

chimpin

Established Member
Looks like someone is the early favorite for August's "The Big Picture" award.

Lolz:p

It's amazing that people don't understand that...there was a guy who sold his mach 1 and financed a brand new car because the insurance on the Mach 1 was to expensive. It's one of those forrest for the trees things:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread