So the new Lexus GS-F sounds pretty good...

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
5.0 N/A V8! About the same price as a GT350 (w/ ADM) and sounds 10x better

[video=youtube;6dZ_vbf6r1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZ_vbf6r1s[/video]

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I really like those cars. I will pick one of those up on the used car market a few years down the road. Legendary Toyota reliability right there as well.

1.8t

Established Member
Nice car and good sound. Too bad they are so retardedly priced or they might actually sell.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Man that car is slick. Especially the interior, isnt very fast though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
5.0 N/A V8! About the same price as a GT350 (w/ ADM) and sounds 10x better

[video=youtube;6dZ_vbf6r1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZ_vbf6r1s[/video]

The butthurt you exude about the GT350 is hilarious. That car's name is in your mouth more than the people that own them. It's not even a competition on which sounds better. It's the GT350 by leaps and bounds.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Man that car is slick. Especially the interior, isnt very fast though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, but fast enough for a comfortable daily driver - and there is something to be said about the N/A power. I do wish Lexus would have taken a higher-performance approach towards it's competitors, though.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm Lexus Master Technician so I have driven a lot of the GS-F and the RC-Fs they are both amazing cars, And yes they sound great for factory exhaust. If I have A family one day I'm either buying a IS-F or a GS-F. I would really like to own a RC-F right now but I can't afford the GT500 and a RC-F.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Kind of like the Gen V...Viper? Besides, the GS-F just started hitting dealerships a few weeks ago, its too early to tell what kind of demand their is for this car.

BTW, love the Viper TA

Seats are very nice looking.... Other than that the car is plasticky, chincy shit. Comparatively slow and who would accept big black plastic seat adjustment buttons these days. Weak...
Car has the same shape it's bad for 18 years.
Other then those few gripes, nice Toyota.
Ps. Sounds like garbage.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I would really like to own a RC-F right now but I can't afford the GT500 and a RC-F.
Then you aint about that life. Take yourself out of here, and the hideous hood too.

:D

ISF might be too small for a family, the back seats are already small. I'm looking for one for my next DD and copy 1.8t with a viper. Someday...

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Then you aint about that life. Take yourself out of here, and the hideous hood too.

:D

ISF might be too small for a family, the back seats are already small. I'm looking for one for my next DD and copy 1.8t with a viper. Someday...

I guess if I really wanted to strap my ass for cash I could buy a RC-F with the Shelby and I love my hideous hood lol. Yes the IS-F is small in the back, that's probably why I would just get the GS-F but good thing i'm not in a hurry to have kids let alone getting married, I forgot how nice the single life is.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I guess if I really wanted to strap my ass for cash I could buy a RC-F with the Shelby and I love my hideous hood lol. Yes the IS-F is small in the back, that's probably why I would just get the GS-F but good thing i'm not in a hurry to have kids let alone getting married, I forgot how nice the single life is.
My bro leases Lexus' and we got to go to a drive event where lexus rented the sonoma track and their huge parking lot for auto crossing.
I hope they do another drive event showcasing the GSF. Probably not though, the 85k price tag is a hefty one to pay when you're in a league of force induced super sedans. I really like lexus quality and reliability but performance... they brought a knife to a gun fight!!!

Good to hear about a tech saying nice things on cars he works on. I have a bud that was a former bmw tech and he didnt exactly rave about bmws.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member

Former Lexus Service Advisor here - doesn't Lexus still have the monthly Lexus financial allocation for employees that have worked at the dealership for more then 3 years?

Back in 2008 I was able to get a IS350 (new at the time) for basically free - Lexus would cover the payment up to $350/month if I recall. Many other employees - from Parts to Sales to Service - all took advantage of this. Lexus had a name for this employee program but I can't recall.
This was in Carlsbad CA.

I too hold Lexus in high regard - and every mechanic I know from that dealership shared that opinion. From the IS to the LS - all phenomenal. Ill be one of the first to purchase the new LS whenever it comes out (it is long past due for it's debut).

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
My bro leases Lexus' and we got to go to a drive event where lexus rented the sonoma track and their huge parking lot for auto crossing.
I hope they do another drive event showcasing the GSF. Probably not though, the 85k price tag is a hefty one to pay when you're in a league of force induced super sedans. I really like lexus quality and reliability but performance... they brought a knife to a gun fight!!!

Good to hear about a tech saying nice things on cars he works on. I have a bud that was a former bmw tech and he didnt exactly rave about bmws.
I got to go to a ride and drive when the RC-F came out, They let us take the RC-F and a BMW M4 around the track for a couple laps. The RC-F is a blast around the track but the M4 is defiantly the better track car. That being said I would never own a BMW. I have worked on alot of different cars and I will say Lexus is the best of them. The cars are reliable and easy to work on but they need to keep working on the performance department. I have been working for Lexus for 9 years and I couldn't be happy. Although I will probably be starting my own shop sometime in next few years.

Former Lexus Service Advisor here - doesn't Lexus still have the monthly Lexus financial allocation for employees that have worked at the dealership for more then 3 years?

Back in 2008 I was able to get a IS350 (new at the time) for basically free - Lexus would cover the payment up to $350/month if I recall. Many other employees - from Parts to Sales to Service - all took advantage of this. Lexus had a name for this employee program but I can't recall.
This was in Carlsbad CA.

Lexus does do the master lease program which pays for 400 dollars of your payment, But I don't want to deal with a lease.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
This leather v8 edition Camry is ugly just like the rest of the Lexus cars. They look like the predator when he takes his mask off and ahhhnold says "your one ugly ...."
Seriously am I the only one who finds Lexus cars ugly as sin?

Users who are viewing this thread