So Pontiac is Gone!

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
I think it's a pretty wise move from GM. I also remember reading an article that Pontiac was originally introduced as GM's performance division.:shrug: Pretty odd when the most popular cars are the Corvette and Camaro.

I also read that GM will more than likely be getting rid of Saturn, Hummer, and Saab. What does everyone think about that?

They should get rid of Saturn and Saab for sure....Hummer has a pretty decent following because of it's history and it's kinda unique I guess to some. Not that it really matters, lol.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
I like the WS6 as well but I think with the Camaro and the Vette available GM should fair pretty well without Pontiac.

I also read that GMC is GM's second best selling brand. I believe GMC is so much like Chevrolet that they can do well without GMC.

Well no more Pontiac but the good news is that you can buy either a GMC 1500 or a Chevy 1500 pick-up. Oh the choices they give us.

back around 91-92, GM was going to kill the Chevy Truck Division, and let GMC be the truck/van division of GM. but everyone complained that they wouldnt buy a GMC, the decided to leave it alone.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Just because it is gone today doesn't mean the badge wont come back.

Anyone ever heard of this new car called the Camaro??

THE_STIG

Established Member
Just because it is gone today doesn't mean the badge wont come back.

Anyone ever heard of this new car called the Camaro??

There is a difference between bringing back a car model versus making an entire company division reappear.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
The new G8 GXP is a real nice car, I'm really thinking about getting rid of the speed6 for one.

Users who are viewing this thread