So Pontiac is Gone!

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
But will the 2010 models be released or will they just scrap them. They are dying anyways. I really have my eye on a Pontiac G8.

JasonSnake

Established Member
It's a shame.

I grew up around my dad's 76 Grand Prix. He had that car for over 30 years and was forced to sell it a while back. I still miss it.

canibus

Established Member
Thank god, no more ugly ass GTO or Firebird. It's sad the solstice is going too, wonder if shit will keep looking like it

txyaloo

Established Member
Thank god, no more ugly ass GTO or Firebird. It's sad the solstice is going too, wonder if shit will keep looking like it

I guess I'm one of the few that like the styling of the GTO. I'm planning on selling the Lightning in the next month or two for a goat.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
I wanted to get a 2010 Solstice coupe and stuff a blown 427 in it....

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I think it's a pretty wise move from GM. I also remember reading an article that Pontiac was originally introduced as GM's performance division.:shrug: Pretty odd when the most popular cars are the Corvette and Camaro.

I also read that GM will more than likely be getting rid of Saturn, Hummer, and Saab. What does everyone think about that?

Bullitt4859

Established Member
I think it's a pretty wise move from GM. I also remember reading an article that Pontiac was originally introduced as GM's performance division.:shrug: Pretty odd when the most popular cars are the Corvette and Camaro.

I also read that GM will more than likely be getting rid of Saturn, Hummer, and Saab. What does everyone think about that?

Honestly I am deeply sad that they dropped Pontiac. Removing Saturn, Hummer, and Saab is a very wise choice but I wish they kept Pontiac.

Jroc

Established Member
My favorite GM product ever is a late model WS6.(98-02)

My favorite colors they came in was:

Red > White > Black.

Jroc

Established Member
Honestly I am deeply sad that they dropped Pontiac. Removing Saturn, Hummer, and Saab is a very wise choice but I wish they kept Pontiac.

x2. Buicks another good one to lose before Pontiac, and maybe GMC also. Still it seem that Pontiac was having trouble selling their cars. Its ashame because they were really nice. The cabin inside the GTO is awesome, and the G8 seems like a really nice car. Especially for the price.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I like the WS6 as well but I think with the Camaro and the Vette available GM should fair pretty well without Pontiac.

I also read that GMC is GM's second best selling brand. I believe GMC is so much like Chevrolet that they can do well without GMC.

cobraracer46

Banned
Pontiac was long over due for termination because it became known as a GM division that constantly developed over styled cars that were an eyesore.

Examples include the hideous 1993-2002 Pontiac trans AM models that looked like an inflamed elephant with a bunch of shit tacked onto to it and as such, the car mostly appealed to dope smoking high school kids. With the release of the Pontiac Aztec, it was suspected that the same dope smoking high school kids were part of the Aztec design team.

With the release of the GTO a few years ago, Pontiac tried to get away from its over styled roots by producing one of the most bland and boring looking cars in recent memory that more closely resembled an econobox at a rental fleet parking lot than a muscle car.

Simply put, Pontiac ****ed up badly and now the disgraced GM division will go to the scrap heap once and for all.:burn:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Well no more Pontiac but the good news is that you can buy either a GMC 1500 or a Chevy 1500 pick-up. Oh the choices they give us.

Users who are viewing this thread