So Ordered My New Car Yesterday v.byebyeCobra

nuxx

Established Member
Placed my order for an 05.5 Audi S4 yesterday...

Just really wanted a quick smaller luxury sedan after having 4 Cobras in a row. It's basically a 340hp 4.2 V8... extremely nice interior / fit and finish ;-)

Here's a link to info on the car:
http://www.audiworld.com/news/04/b7a4/s4/content.shtml

Here's the color I'm getting:
017.jpg

Specs on what I ordered:

2005.5 S4 Sedan
6 Speed Transmission
Sprint Blue Exterior (w/ Alum Mirrors) with Black Leather Interior

Options:
Premium Package
Audio Package including Bose Premium sound and XM Sat. Radio
Audi Navigation Plus
Carbon Fiber Belt Trim
Heated Front Seats

Well I'll miss the torque and fellow Cobra owners, but who knows maybe the S4 guys aren't so bad :shrug:
-Peter

PS: My car is going to a fellow 04 Cobra owner, who was looking for number 2 :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Best of luck Peter. That's a sweet car you're going with. A friend of mine has two Audis. Great cars!

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Good luck on the new car!! Did you sell the cobra outright? If you don't mind me asking what did you get for the cobra and what price were you able to negotiate for the Audi?

nuxx

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Best of luck Peter. That's a sweet car you're going with. A friend of mine has two Audis. Great cars!

Thanks. Yeah it's funny, I went out one weekend with my mom looking for cars that she wanted to buy. So we looked at Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Jag, Volvo, Infinity, Porsche (suv), and finally Audi... where she drove an S4 and an A6. She let me drive the tiptronic S4 she was looking at I pretty much fell in love with the car. A few weeks later I went back to drive a 6sp, and liked it even more. I pretty much decided then to get an S4, but the new B7 bodystyle was about to come out so I waited. I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

My boss still has an 03 Cobra (similar to mine), so if I need a fix, it's right there. Although he's going for the C6 Z06 in the fall :rolling:

nuxx

Established Member
04mellowyellow said:

When I was 16 my parents bought me a 96 Cobra...
I then bought myself an 01 Cobra...
Followed by an 03 Cobra...
Then an 04 Cobra...

So every time I get a new car, it seems a bit dated in a few months... the S4 feels really quick... AWD 340hp and very short 1st and 2nd gears... from the line it feels a lot quicker than the Cobra. I know it's just feel.

But it's just a different kind of car. Different price range, different segment of automobile. It's more a luxury car, and for any car under 100k, it has the nicest interior I've seen. Comes with AWD, navigation, sat radio, mp3 player (2 sd card slots), bi xenon headlights, etc... etc... just a level of options not found in the Cobra.
I just want something different, but can't afford a 911 turbo :cuss:
-Peter

nuxx

Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Good luck on the new car!! Did you sell the cobra outright? If you don't mind me asking what did you get for the cobra and what price were you able to negotiate for the Audi?

I sold me car to the first person that came to look at it at asking price. Him and I both think the price is fair, for the ammount of work in the car and the car in general. We are both happy with the deal.

The Audi will probably be in the mid to high 50s.

The current gen. S4 was around 47k with no options. The euro is very strong compared to the dollar, so factor in a 3-5% hike in base price. Nav is a 2k option, premium package is a 2k option, heated seats are 500, carbon fiber trim is 300, and audio package with xm is 1k. :mj:

... but I learned my lesson. I put 12k down on the Cobra and after a year of financing and mods... I've lost about 20k out of pocket... the S4 will be leased for 3 years :)
-Peter

earl lee

Established Member
why is everybody jumping ship to audi of all places? Lord anything but audi's they all look like beetle sedans to me.

nuxx

Established Member
earl lee said:
why is everybody jumping ship to audi of all places? Lord anything but audi's they all look like beetle sedans to me.

Go test drive an S4 and respond :)

nuxx

Established Member
Sandman 925/SVT said:
nice car, did u get that accent blue interior.. i think the audi's look nice.. im likein the S4/A4's.. but man the S4 can get pretty pricey..

Yeah they can ;-)

EDIT: Oh I got black leather Recaros :)

The blue isn't offered anymore, just silver...

Last edited:

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
Yes the Audi S-4 is a dream to drive as my buddy bought one for his wife (convertible) only to have wheel problems ($4000 of his money) when he found that the car is considered a weekend driver car--yeah, I too had never heard of that one. But supposedly the car is only intended to be driven sparingly and ithis is stated so in the brochures or web site. Just make sure you are aware of this.

nuxx

Established Member
hoghunter said:
Yes the Audi S-4 is a dream to drive as my buddy bought one for his wife (convertible) only to have wheel problems ($4000 of his money) when he found that the car is considered a weekend driver car--yeah, I too had never heard of that one. But supposedly the car is only intended to be driven sparingly and ithis is stated so in the brochures or web site. Just make sure you are aware of this.

Nah, it's probably the dealer, or maybe something to do with the S4 Cab... I have a friend with an 04 S4 Sedan that put 25k on it last year, no problems. My dealer knows I'll put atleast 15k on mine a year. :-D

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
ricer :p

Just kidding.

I'd be curious what you & the buyer of your Cobra thought was a fair price, due to the fact I have the same car, but with fewer mods. You can PM me the info if you feel like telling.

Enjoy your new car.
:beer:

Voice of Reason

Established Member
hoghunter said:

How in the world could a warranty be written to say the car can only be driven sparangly and only on the weekends? It should be a flat xx,000 miles/x years warranty. Sounds like your buddy got screwed by a dealer or there is more to the story.

But back on topic. It's funny you are going from your Cobra to the S4. I'm thinking of putting mine up for sale to either get a C6 towards the end of the year when I can find a deal or just go straight for the sporty 4 door so that when the wife and I start a family in the next year or two I'll be all set. Good luck with the new car!

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
heya peter looks to be a nice ride. hey just confirmed with ford but they are replacing heads on cobras for the tick again lol :) 'bout freakn time.

something to be said for climate control and heated from seats nice.

nuxx

Established Member
BuffDigits said:
heya peter looks to be a nice ride. hey just confirmed with ford but they are replacing heads on cobras for the tick again lol :) 'bout freakn time.

something to be said for climate control and heated from seats nice.

HAHAHAH... funny :fm:

Yeah that whole luxury thing is shocking :uh oh:

nuxx

Established Member
Voice of Reason said:
How in the world could a warranty be written to say the car can only be driven sparangly and only on the weekends? It should be a flat xx,000 miles/x years warranty. Sounds like your buddy got screwed by a dealer or there is more to the story.

But back on topic. It's funny you are going from your Cobra to the S4. I'm thinking of putting mine up for sale to either get a C6 towards the end of the year when I can find a deal or just go straight for the sporty 4 door so that when the wife and I start a family in the next year or two I'll be all set. Good luck with the new car!

Yeah it has a 4year / 50k warranty, all service/oil etc... covered.

I don't know it kind of sucks not being able to hear the person you are talking to on a cell phone, also i think it's a more fitting ride for a young professional ;-) ... and I hate M3s :cryying:
-Peter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread