So my friend had a motorcycle accident...

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
MOTORCYCLE= ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN one of my friend is a rider and his first 6 months of riding he feel 4 times, if you ride a bike, expect the worst, because its just you vs 2 ton of deadly force on the street. And there are stupid people out there

i3ooivl

Established Member
well i'd expect the most accidents to happen within the few months of riding, you're still learning. Its kind of like the people learning to drive a 5-speed and stalling out... it happens.

There's nothing wrong with driving motorcycles, He's already limped around a few shops looking for a new one

punky

Eric Cartman Wannabe :)
Established Member
If you do sue her, and win, because the stupid bitch didn't have insurance, who would pay out the money? Would she just have to declare bankrupacy, get her stuff sold at auction, and you get as much of the money awarded as she could afford? Or is there some sort of federal insurance pay out program to cover people who drive without insurance?

The Rooster

Banned
punky said:
If you do sue her, and win, because the stupid bitch didn't have insurance, who would pay out the money? Would she just have to declare bankrupacy, get her stuff sold at auction, and you get as much of the money awarded as she could afford? Or is there some sort of federal insurance pay out program to cover people who drive without insurance?

Perhaps they could just haul her down to Mexico and sell her on the black market to recover the funds?

alchemy

Established Member
He is lucky. I hope the law suit goes well for your friend. If he gets nothing from her, at least he is alive to ride another day.

1FastR1

Hey...I recognize that helmet and bike. Is your friend's name Brian, and does he sometimes wear glasses? I used to live in G'ville for school and met a kid that had that same flat black helmet and red bike and no insurance. He used to come into Friday's all the time, where I bartended at, with some blonde haired chick (I can't remember her name). If that's him, or if not, I really hope all is gonna be okay and he gets money out of that dumbass chick. What road were you riding on?-West Archer, University (out towards the sticks)?? Anyway, if so, tell him that I said I hope all is going to be okay!!

PS...I also ride a Blue 2004 R1

Best,
Ray

WayFastWhitey

Gin and Jews
Established Member
sorry to here bro, glad hes ok, i sold my bike a yr ago for this very reason too many close calls....but now all my friends who didnt ride before are buying them and im thinking about getting another one soon just to be abel to go ride w/ em on the weekends

Ace5Oh

Established Member
glad 2 see hes ok.. im 17 and ill be getting a 05 Suzuki GSX-600R porbaly in the next 7 months.. i have 2 be careful.

i3ooivl

Established Member
hey ray..... That is definately him. We all used to come into fridays alot (ps... her name is joy). He was going south on 34th st. and the lady cut him off on 20th ave. And actually i'm pretty sure we know each other (i drove the black triumph tt600)

He should be ok, we'll swing by fridays sometime!

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
glad to here hes ok - but why not get motorcycle insurance???????? its only 25 a month for god sakes. There are so many stupid drivers out there (ie girl) That I would have it. Again good to hear thats all the injuries...

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
i3ooivl said:
quick update.... the girl doesnt have insurance.

The officer found her 100% at fault, but she threatened to counter sue if my friend took her to court, because she felt that they made an "illegal U-turn" 2 miles up the road. There are some horrible people out there.
If the officer found her 100% at fault, don't worry about the counter-suit. The U-turn had nothing to do with her not looking out for other traffic and hitting your friend. Let the insurance company persue the money they need to get from her for the bike and make her pay for all the medical bills. If your friend feels the need for anything else, go for that, too and get a well recommended lawyer.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
i3ooivl said:
quick update.... the girl doesnt have insurance.

The officer found her 100% at fault, but she threatened to counter sue if my friend took her to court, because she felt that they made an "illegal U-turn" 2 miles up the road. There are some horrible people out there.
They shoudla thrown her butt in jail! :cuss: Idiots that won't carry insurance should lose their liscense for a minimum of three years if they cause an accident. Then if they are caught driving w/o a liscense they should go to jail for 1-3 years. Can you tell I'm a Law Enforcement Admin. major graduate?

mgstang

Established Member
Figured I might as well post. I was the other guy on the bike and lucky I wasnt directly involved.

Just to get a few things straight. Not all states require insurance (to the best of my knowledge). It was an out of state car, so she doesnt have the required minimum of Liablility that is required in FL. If anyone knows the rules in WI, that would help.

I can tell you I dont have insurance on my bike either. I'm 23 w/ a clean record and everything and the quotes I was getting were WELL over 2k a year, far more than the 25 bucks a month. When insurance is that much, its just a smarter idea to have money set aside b/c after paying the deductible on top of your normal premium you can almost buy my bike....so if you go more than 1 year w/o an accident (knock on wood) its cheaper/smarter to not carry it. But this is besides the point.

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
I'd go after this idiot. She's obviosuly young, inexperianced, has caused a serious accident with no insurence, and the officer found her 100% at fault. Chances she has of winning in court: 0%

ROADKILL

Established Member
mgstang said:
Figured I might as well post. I was the other guy on the bike and lucky I wasnt directly involved.

Just to get a few things straight. Not all states require insurance (to the best of my knowledge). It was an out of state car, so she doesnt have the required minimum of Liablility that is required in FL. If anyone knows the rules in WI, that would help.

I can tell you I dont have insurance on my bike either. I'm 23 w/ a clean record and everything and the quotes I was getting were WELL over 2k a year, far more than the 25 bucks a month. When insurance is that much, its just a smarter idea to have money set aside b/c after paying the deductible on top of your normal premium you can almost buy my bike....so if you go more than 1 year w/o an accident (knock on wood) its cheaper/smarter to not carry it. But this is besides the point.

I first must say that I am not bashing, but I respectfully disagree. If you have an accident and are without insurance or with a very minimum paying policy to injuries caused that are your fault, you will never in a gadzillion years be able to afford someone else's medical bills if they are injured much at all. *see my previous post on page one reguarding my accident* My MRI that I had two weeks ago was over $2000 and not to mention all the orthopaedic visits and the upcoming back surger that I am going to have. If you don't have insurance, are in an accident and someone else is injured and you are at fault, the other guy can get a good lawyer and take your ass to the cleaners. I work in a hospital and I see how much little things like just one liter of IV fluids or medicines cost. The critical care unit that I work in charges over a grand per night just to be there. That doesn't include anything but the room. Just imagine having to pay that out of pocket. It would be impossible. Accidents WILL happen and sooner or later YOU will be at fault, I don't care how careful you are. When it does happen and if someone else is injured, you are looking at an INCREDIBLE amount of money in a lawsuit. Believe me I know.

bp03svt

Established Member
Glad to hear he's ok bro! As it has already been said, he should sue the nipples off that bitch. I'm with everyone else, how in the hell did she see him make a u turn 2 miles up the road? I guess that makes it ok to pull out in front of him, you know just to teach him not to do that anymore---what a stupid bitch, I hope she gets her ass sued so f@#king bad!

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
ROADKILL said:
I first must say that I am not bashing, but I respectfully disagree. If you have an accident and are without insurance or with a very minimum paying policy to injuries caused that are your fault, you will never in a gadzillion years be able to afford someone else's medical bills if they are injured much at all. *see my previous post on page one reguarding my accident* My MRI that I had two weeks ago was over $2000 and not to mention all the orthopaedic visits and the upcoming back surger that I am going to have. If you don't have insurance, are in an accident and someone else is injured and you are at fault, the other guy can get a good lawyer and take your ass to the cleaners. I work in a hospital and I see how much little things like just one liter of IV fluids or medicines cost. The critical care unit that I work in charges over a grand per night just to be there. That doesn't include anything but the room. Just imagine having to pay that out of pocket. It would be impossible. Accidents WILL happen and sooner or later YOU will be at fault, I don't care how careful you are. When it does happen and if someone else is injured, you are looking at an INCREDIBLE amount of money in a lawsuit. Believe me I know.

WERD on the IV bags man. My friend got really bad altitude sickness and they gave him a few IV bags and his bill was like 600 bucks. ****ing hospitals are taking advantage of insurance companies.

Users who are viewing this thread