So my dad is in the market for a new tv...

Fuerza

Established Member
Mitsubishi DLP 1080p 73 inch. I believe Sears carries them so go check it out first to get an idea of the size! I was walking through sears one day and they were playing Avengers on it and I stopped and watched for about 10 minutes. Pretty amazing picture quality for the size. I would check out Paul's TV online for the best deals on big TV's.

jbs$

Established Member
Get a picture-in-a-picture TV. On screens of that size, you can put both ball games on, put the wife's dumb show on one side and your show on the other and they are not hard to set up.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
VT50 is the best this year...but if it HAS to be 70"+ the Sharp Elite is the top dog in that size

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If money was no object, I'd step up the size a touch and get this...

Sony’s 84-Inch 4K TV To Ship With Free Feature-Length Ultra HD Content

But in all honesty, I am happy with my Samsung(40", 60hz, LCD...) and I am looking forward to upgrading soon. Most likely will be another Samsung, but I will be looking into the Panasonic's as well. Basically, I am going to get whatever fits best into my built-in and currently a 50" Samsung LED thin fits perfect.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What size room is it going into? We have a 55" downstairs in our family room and it is plenty big. 70" is a huge TV that would work best in a very large room.

Users who are viewing this thread