So it has been 12 years since the release of the Mach 1

DRK HRS

Established Member
Stock internals, Going to run the factory 3.65" pulley around 6-8 psi on a very safe tune, even at that I should be over 400rwhp which is fine since I just want the whine! lol. hopefully it will last me another 10 years.

You can do 400 easily on 6 PSI because of the 10:1 compression. I'd say have them tune for about 420 rwhp. That's a very safe number for these cars and enough to have a new stock 5.0 staring at your taillights.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Stock internals, Going to run the factory 3.65" pulley around 6-8 psi on a very safe tune, even at that I should be over 400rwhp which is fine since I just want the whine! lol. hopefully it will last me another 10 years.

I hope the whine isn't all you're after, because unless you have quiet exhaust you won't hear the blower unless you're wot and 4k rpm and higher at those boost levels.

Stang Lover

Established Member
How much are you guys doing eaton swaps for? I've been reading on corral on how to do it under $2500 and not needing a lot of stuff.

Cooldbz12

Established Member
How much are you guys doing eaton swaps for? I've been reading on corral on how to do it under $2500 and not needing a lot of stuff.

Picked up a 95% complete kit for 2400$
Boost/fuel gauges and pod 350$
Fuel Pump 100$
Install 900$
Tune 400$

Take 1000$ off if you do the install your self. I also kept my stock fuel tank, but ill be putting a 03 cobra one soon.

If I would of not put in the gauges and installed it myself it would of came out to 2900$ But I hope I make some of my money back selling my factory stuff coming off the Mach.

Last edited:

TKat13

Under Construction
Established Member
Original owner and way to much invested to get rid of it now. I have enjoyed the 98k miles, the Mach stood up well, then I got the HP bug and went a little to far. But, it is fun and fast. Its a 5.0 Stroker, turbo'd with a TH400.

I cannot even imagine having a car payment; haven't had one since '09. :coolman:

Cooldbz12

Established Member
I hope the whine isn't all you're after, because unless you have quiet exhaust you won't hear the blower unless you're wot and 4k rpm and higher at those boost levels.

how long have you had your eaton and hows your tranny and engine holding up?

DRK HRS

Established Member
About 1k miles. Everything works great.

My car's been pushing 450 rwhp through the stock clutch, trans, etc for about 6k miles and no problems at all! I push it hard more than I'd like to, it's just too hard to resist after switching from a bolt-on '99 GT. Trying to settle down a bit lol. Getting ready to swap in a Spec Stage 2 also. I think the stock clutch might be lightly slipping at high RPMs now and then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread