So it has been 12 years since the release of the Mach 1

Stang Lover

Established Member
Who still has their Mach 1 and plans to keep this awesome car or purchase another? I've had 9 Mustangs and this one is by far my favorite.

Last edited:

bleedout

Established Member
ive had a few choice mustangs as well, all built by me personally and I can say my mach is one of my favs next to the 04' cobra of course. with the mods that i have its extremely fun to drive and its pretty quick, i love beating up on imports as much as possible, this thing just loves to rev and rip on top end. the only issue im facing is now i want to put a procharger kit on my mach, however i now have around 108k or so miles and im not sure if I should gamble on boosting it or rebuilding it and right now i dont have the money to do both....... the struggle is real

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive had mine since new and its in the process of getting another motor...way to deep in this car to get rid of it (and as long as it runs fine after this I really have no desire to get rid of it either)

BLKFOX

Established Member
I sold mine about 6 months ago... I miss it, it was a phenomenal car. I put it in the garage with 2,800 miles on it and sold it with 24,500.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Dang why'd you sell it or you just didn't have the time to enjoy it?

I drove the car ALOT when I first got it. I bet I put 15,000 of the miles on it within the first 2 years. The last 2 years it just sat in the garage under the cover. I felt a little guilty about wanting to beat on such a nice car (that's why I'm building the fox) so I figured I'd sell it to someone who would drive it and enjoy it.

Needless to say, I'll either be buying an 03/04 Cobra or another Mach 1 in the future. The Mach 1 is by far my favorite in looks, I just like the Terminator power :D.

Planter

Banned
just bought mine in July, and it's still growing on me. It's been a little disappointing as Ive had a small fender bender (my fault), the mach 460 stereo system was hacked up and so I had to pull everything and get my own speakers and run new wires and such. Had a wiper arm fly off on me on the highway, got a rock chip 2 weeks later on the way to get my diff drained and refilled and my tranmission drained and refilled, had someone hit my driver side fender and take off and not leave any insurance or contact info, hit a pothole late one night and it took a huge chunk out of my rim, had to replace the battery because it went bad, and the front brakes had to be done...so yeah...it's been rough, but it's getting better.

Almost got her back to where she needs to be. Discovered someone rigged some copper wire around the underhood fuse box terminal post because the wrong nut was put on and crossthreaded, so they basically wrapped copper wire in between the post and the nut so it would still run. Found a used fusebox with post and nut on ebay and it's on the way, next Monday I'll have it fixed.

Then all that's left is to replace a broken rear quarter interior trim panel and next spring some fresh interior carpet and floor mats, but I'll wait till after the snow stops falling here in Colorado before I do that.

I already got fresh 5% tint put on her on the sides and rear, got an mgw short throw shifter, a mach 1 coin holder delete, a detail bag for the trunk, and got my sub and amp wired up. She came with a mac offroad h-pipe, magnaflow catback and magnapack mufflers and SVE lowering springs, but I plan on upgrading to H&R SS springs.

Can't wait till next summer to stick a set of SVE Series 3 wheels in Black Gloss on her. That will really set her off.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Dang that's was pretty rough for only being 3 months but glad everything is ironing out tho. I hate when I discover half-done work when I buy a used car.

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
I bought mine in January of 2014 in that time I've rebuilt the engine and replaced the entire suspension to maximum motorsports and full tilt boogie racing combo. The motor finally started in Oct 14 and has been running great. Finally got to drive it around may and I can say I am glad I bought this car instead of building the 90gt I had. I still a few more things to do gonna put 6 piston baer front calipers got a sticking brake caliper anyway, got the black mach 1 wheels from afs just need tires.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
Dang that's was pretty rough for only being 3 months but glad everything is ironing out tho. I hate when I discover half-done work when I buy a used car.

yep, but I'm staying optimistic! Waited 5 years to get another mustang, not giving up because of a few issues.

It's really a shame too though, because the outside and most of the interior were just gorgeous. beautiful paint, good tires with good tread. But a little reconditioning and she'll be ready for some solid modding! :rockon:

I did have to get rid of the silver gauge bezel, vent bezel and shifter bezel...just wasn't cutting it for me. I converted it all to charcoal and I love it now.

Eventually I want a pair of dark charcoal 03/04 cobra seats with dark inserts, and I want to have the cobra stitching removed and have the mach 1 emblems stitched in over the old cobra emblems.

Evil Mach

Fight the Good Fight
Established Member
I was an original owner when they first came out and I kick myself for selling sometimes. I bought a 2003 Black one off the showroom in Spring of 2003 to replace my '96 Cobra. Absolutely loved it. Then I decided to sell it the following year when I joined the Army so I was debt free. Stupid decision, shoulda kept it. I redeemed myself 10 years later buying a Comp Orange 2004.

My black 2003 next to my '96 Cobra
Picture%20321_zpsy8zaglwu.jpg

1st pics
Picture%20016_zpswcrepit5.jpg

After I had the side stripes redone in silver
Picture%20087_zps2o9ij8td.jpg

Picture%20082_zpsvwkfm1qf.jpg

Picture%20069_zpscrk0dvnz.jpg

My current Mach, my Comp Orange 2004
11218247_10203998010345347_8559368351615381857_o_zpsft4wgl7v.jpg

DRK HRS

Established Member
I got mine 3 months ago with a tick under 25k miles so I have no plans to get rid of yet lol. Absolutely LOVE this car! My third Mustang and the best by a mile.

Last edited:

Cooldbz12

Established Member
Got mine in 2005, this November will be 10 years with my mach, has 63k miles, A lot of races and not one single problem, as a 10 year gift im doing a eaton swap, shes in the shop getting it done right now.

DRK HRS

Established Member
Got mine in 2005, this November will be 10 years with my mach, has 63k miles, A lot of races and not one single problem, as a 10 year gift im doing a eaton swap, shes in the shop getting it done right now.

Awesome, gonna be a beast. :burnout:

Do you have stock internals?

Cooldbz12

Established Member
Stock internals, Going to run the factory 3.65" pulley around 6-8 psi on a very safe tune, even at that I should be over 400rwhp which is fine since I just want the whine! lol. hopefully it will last me another 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread