So it begins...here's the start of my build.

dannydr44

Established Member
So...I'm indecisive as can be...and should be saving up money to move back to San Diego, Ca, instead of living in northern NJ. That plan is going to have to wait unfortunately. I've been going back and forth on what type of build to do and who's doing what work and what parts I'm going to use... At first, I wanted to do an N/A build and maybe add some NOS once I'm comfortable hitting 10's at the track...but I'm sure that wouldn't be enough over time....

So, I just ordered a VMP TVS Stage 2 kit (Black Friday special). I'm going to build the motor and just did a lay-way purchase with MMR for the time being. I'm going build the short black with forged internals, oil pump gears, billet lower crank shaft gear and maybe even sleeve that shit (budget pending). I'm also going to pay a visit to Revolution Auto and have them build my MT-82 for some abuse.

Here's what I got done so far on my stang.

1. JLT Carbon fiber cold air intake
2. Boss intake manifold
3. JBA Equal length headers
4. Flaming River steering shaft (driver side header was hitting the stock steering shaft :mj:)
5. JBA Cat-less H-pipe 3" to 2.75"
6. Ford Racing Adjustable 1" inch drop suspension kit
7. BMR Full suspension up front and in the rear
8. Torsion differential
9. McLeod clutch line upgrade, lighten flywheel and duel clutch set up
10. Ford racing short shifter

Soon to be changes:

1. VMP TVS Stage 2 kit
2. Built motor
3. Port and polish heads or CNC heads with upgraded springs
4. Racing seats - Corbeau most likely
5. Ford Racing Rear seat delete kit
6. Roll cage - not sure who's doing that yet...
7. Moser Axles with 3.31 gears
8. Line lock kit
9. MT-82 upgrade by Revolution Auto
10. Ford Racing brake upgrade kit
11. Weld racing wheels with M/T street comp tires

Any feedback and/or recommendations would be appreciated. :-D

Dan

dannydr44

Established Member
Ops...yes. Well, I don't think I'll go with new cams. Maybe re-grinds with JPC but I'm not sure yet. My budget has been thrown out the window to some degree...

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats on the new goodies! I love my TVS. Awesome powerband! Starts at 1500 & pulls hard to 7500!
Sounds like your looking to make a lot of power! Might want to convert that MT-82 to the six speed auto... You don't really need the cam or head work done unless your shooting for mid to low 9's. If you changed out just your oil pump gears, you could probably get away with 650 to 680 whp on E85 & 11lbs of boost. Sleeved block, cams, & head work is pretty hard core. If your that hardcore, you probably should be looking into an 8sec turbo build.

I'm upgrading rods, pistons, damper, & oil pump gears this winter in the stock block. I'll be pushing 700 to 740whp on E85 thru an A6.

dannydr44

Established Member
I'm sure at some point, I'll want to hit the 9's and see how far I can go. So, I figured that I might as well sleeve the block now and do the heads as well, to save on labor and cost for the future. I'll have to see how everything goes of course (budget pending). I was looking at a turbo set up but I do plan on moving back to San Diego, CA at some point within the next two years and don't want to deal with emissions, etc. I can always put the stock cats back in, get a Roush air box stock box set up and re-tune to pass emissions. As far as the trans...I'll see how it holds up, once I have Revolution Automotive re-build it under their stage 2 package. If I do end up blowing it up, then I'll either do a Auto set up or go with a Tremec trans kit.

dannydr44

Established Member
IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_5667.JPG
IMG_6297.JPG
View attachment IMG_6299.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread