So Im ready for more... Questions..

VinSVT

Established Member
Bought the Cobra a few months back and started off with just the basic Intake/Exhaust. Had fun with it for awhile and decided to buy a Puller/Ilder/Chip from a local guy selling his Cobra. Well I've had lots of fun with it and I think its time to take it a little further. What I think I would like to do is get the stock TB/Plenum Ported and send my blower off to Apten to get it ported also.

My questions are..

Whats the best company to port the stock TB/Plenum and how much does it run?

Also, right now Im using the 93 octane pulley tune on my Diablo Predator. With these mods Im pretty sure that I will have to get it retuned.. How do I go about doing that? Im in Oklahoma and there are not a lot of local shops that do these types of things...

Last question.. with a good tune, 2.80 pulley/idler, intake, x-pipe, cat-back, ported tb/plenum, and ported apten.. what kind of numbers should I be looking for? Im trying to hit right around the 500 rwhp mark.. let me know if you guys think this will do it. If not tell me what else you think I should do to get those numbers.

Thanks guys..

- Vincent

VinSVT

Established Member
Just noticed that stiegemeier has a great deal going on for ported blower/tb/plenum... probably going to jump on this is I can get some question answered.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Apten is having a special through the end of the year to get your blower, TB, and plenum ported by them for $599. Apten is the only place I'd have my blower ported at. They've delivered many many consistent results with their ported blowers and have been doing it the longest. With your 2.8 and other bolt-ons, you should be damn close, if not at or over the 500rwhp mark.

About the tune, many different shops can make a custom tune for you and they e-mail it you, you load it into the Predator, then load it into your car. Off the top of my head Amazon, Runnin' With The Devil (RWTD), and SoCal Diablo are all reputable tuners with a lot of experience with the Terminators and Predators.

VinSVT

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Apten is having a special through the end of the year to get your blower, TB, and plenum ported by them for $599. Apten is the only place I'd have my blower ported at. They've delivered many many consistent results with their ported blowers and have been doing it the longest. With your 2.8 and other bolt-ons, you should be damn close, if not at or over the 500rwhp mark.

About the tune, many different shops can make a custom tune for you and they e-mail it you, you load it into the Predator, then load it into your car. Off the top of my head Amazon, Runnin' With The Devil (RWTD), and SoCal Diablo are all reputable tuners with a lot of experience with the Terminators and Predators.

Stiegemeier is doing it for $499 right now. But I have yet to really look into the company. I will compare the two and see what I think.

About the tunes.. how much do they cost? My Predator was purchased from RWTD.. free tunes from there?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn't Stiegemeier still do Apten's porting? Stiegemeier also has a discounted deal on the exterior polishing if you want that. And I think Amazon has a deal going on, too. Good time to port your blower with all of these great deals going on. :)

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
VinSVT said:
Stiegemeier is doing it for $499 right now. But I have yet to really look into the company. I will compare the two and see what I think.

About the tunes.. how much do they cost? My Predator was purchased from RWTD.. free tunes from there?

Yep, free tunes from James when you buy a Predator from him. That's where I got mine.
:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread