So,.. I upgraded...

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I Just thought I would drop in this section and say hello.. and introduce my new car. After 3 years and 30,000 miles on my 01 Bullitt I was going along and doing just fine until my buddy picked up an 08 GT500 with a 2.3 TVS a couple months ago. After he took me for one drive, I was completely hooked and a little bit ruined for all things SN95.

A local dealership had a couple of cars listed not too long after.. one of which went to @VenomousGT500 and they also had this one which I watched the ad for a couple weeks or so. Shortly after, they dropped the price a little and felt like I wanted to go drive it and and at least check it out. As I walked up to it, I just couldn't help but smile and after a test drive.. it was all over. but Ok, no further ado..

Here she is. .
IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG

She runs flawless and is a ton of fun already.. but the little things I like so far are the shifter/position, it's so nice to flick the wrist and shift vs rowing... and it's also a lot nicer to get in and out of vs an SN95 car ....I must be getting old:) haha

moncho

Established Member
Congrats! Excellent color combo as well. Looks like a 2010?

It'll put a smile on your face that's for sure!

Cheers,
Ray

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Awesome sir, and welcome to the GT500 section as an owner!

Looks like its pullied, but thats the stock CAI. An MGW 2 shifter with fluid upgrade, PMAS 120mm CAI and a TB of your choice and youre set for awhile!

Congrats! These are really special cars, any year from 07-14. Near stock is a great jumping off point. How far down the rabbit hole you want to go is totally up to you!

VenomousGT500

Established Member
Nice man I'm happy for you :D You should've let me referance you than we could've split a free $100 haha...

Are you planning on doing any type of racing?

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Thank you for all of the comments you guys. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you. It has 60,000 miles so I am planning to change out the plugs and fluids here in a couple of days and get it up in the air and see what all is going on with her. I can smell some light burning oil and she was little low at the dealer, maybe I will have to do a valve cover gasket... that does not look fun LOL.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Near stock is a great jumping off point. How far down the rabbit hole you want to go is totally up to you!

hahaha.. Thank you lexustech, I think I am taking the red pill on this one?? no mods for now haha, just going to make sure she is dialed in on maintenance and see if there are any issues that need addressed. I enjoy reading all your informative posts btw!

Feels like she may have a nice shifter already, unless stock is just that good, it's really tight and precise feeling. .

Nice man I'm happy for you :D You should've let me referance you than we could've split a free $100 haha...

Thank you and That would have been killer... although I am repeat customer, they got me once before haha.. so we couldn't of got the referral :(!

Are you planning on doing any type of racing?

I am hoping to go for Test n Tune on Friday at Pacific Raceway.. not sure how far away you are but, would you want to meet up!?

@gimmie11s , thank you sir.. I really like your color combo, I think that would have been my first choice If I could pick. I kind of wanted to swap to black stripes.. but these are really growing on me.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@gimmie11s , thank you sir.. I really like your color combo, I think that would have been my first choice If I could pick. I kind of wanted to swap to black stripes.. but these are really growing on me.

Thanks! Shopping used, you dont usually have a lot of color choice, but lucky for me i love black!

I actually like stripe delete cars, but truthfully they all look good! Your car looks great.

These cars make power so easy., Ive got money ready to go today for TVS swap but with the pending 2650 release ive chosen to be patient and see what the release looks like.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I actually like stripe delete cars, but truthfully they all look good! Your car looks great.
These cars make power so easy., Ive got money ready to go today for TVS swap but with the pending 2650 release ive chosen to be patient and see what the release looks like.

I agree with you completely.. I would be happy with any color combo really. Looking at all the choices, it would be a tough decision... Glad I can't afford to order one LOL:D

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Nice 2010 you've picked up!

Feels like she may have a nice shifter already, unless stock is just that good, it's really tight and precise feeling.

The stock shifter is surprisingly decent in the 2010 cars, but seeing as yours already had a few mods installed it when you got it, it may very well have an upgraded aftermarket unit.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Stray, if you really want to make your stripes pop, lay some thin, black vinyl pinstripe tape on the edges of the stripes. Kind of like giving them a border.

Svt used this technique on the Performance Pack cars and the stripes REALLY stood out. Just a thought

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Stray, if you really want to make your stripes pop, lay some thin, black vinyl pinstripe tape on the edges of the stripes. Kind of like giving them a border.

Svt used this technique on the Performance Pack cars and the stripes REALLY stood out. Just a thought

Wow.. I really like that idea

kinda struggling now, I really like the silver stripes too. Thinking about giving it a couple of weeks and decide if to change it up.

Users who are viewing this thread