So I thought I had an exhaust leak

03cobrah

Established Member
Exhaust was making some rattling sounds, and I thought my midpide was loose from a speed bump or something. when really some kids in my neighborhood (i assume) decided to stuff my exhaust with rocks. didn't realize it until my brother was driving behind me and told me rocks the size of quarters were coming out of my exhaust tips. in the last few months they've transitioned from ding dong ditch, to this.

not much I can do but research some good surveillance cameras and save some money for that. But in the mean time I ordered a lockable gas cap just in case these guys decide to stuff something else down my car. :fm:

mrose75

Established Member
Could be worse, they could kidnap your cat and throw it in the microwave. Little bastards. You should whoop their asses when you catch them.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Speaking of cats, are you sure it is not one of your catalytic converters breaking up and exiting the system. Might be worth it to tap on them to see if they are damaged.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Speaking of cats, are you sure it is not one of your catalytic converters breaking up and exiting the system. Might be worth it to tap on them to see if they are damaged.

If you have catalytic converters on the car this^ is more than likely your concern. Mallet or dead blow hammer taps to the catalyst housings will confirm if the source. Also if you could collect one of the "rocks" you could tell pretty quickly too.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I'm with these guys. I had a rattle and it was one of the cats going bad. Would rattle in the pipe.

03cobrah

Established Member
If you have catalytic converters on the car this^ is more than likely your concern. Mallet or dead blow hammer taps to the catalyst housings will confirm if the source. Also if you could collect one of the "rocks" you could tell pretty quickly too.

well the sound had progressively went away over time. I also just went outside to tap my cats with a mallet. the cats sound good.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
well the sound had progressively went away over time. I also just went outside to tap my cats with a mallet. the cats sound good.

Lol the guts from your cats have been ejected onto the road. I'm joking.

Nah, you would have noticed a change in exhaust note. I can't believe that the exhaust has enough pressure to shoot the rocks out of the piping and onto the road.

Good idea with the lockable gas cap just in case. You should come up with some clever prank for the kids that you could point at them and laugh at for after it makes them cry lol. Idk, maybe find out what their favorite toys are and buy some and smash them in front of them making them think its theirs (making them cry) only for them to discover that their toy is still at home and they are soft. Little bastards, I always had a rule as a kid to never mess with a man's car.

Termin-8

Established Member
Cherry Point North Carolina... I cant help but instantly think you are a Marine.

If so, get your war gear on and go catch them.

Users who are viewing this thread