So, I think I bent a rod...

skipthedrummer

Established Member
Well, I was cruising tonight in 48 degree weather. Got on it a little, nothing full throttle. Pulled up to the light and I hear a loud knocking. Did a little looking around, and its a rod on the drivers side of the motor...

Whoops.

So what are my options?

1QUICKBOLT

Established Member
Your best bet is to buy one of the ford racing short block that are for sale. Thier maybe one left. For $2700 shipped you can't beat the price. You missed the mmr sale, pretty much the same deal but with all manley internals. Its a steep price but well worth it. Im eventually going built, all these stories of blown blocks have gotten me gun shy. The truck is staying in the garage. Good luck and i hope the heads are O'kay.

skipthedrummer

Established Member
Well damn.

I found a guy who builds blocks in Macon GA, not too far away. We'll see how everything turns out.

I've been quoted 2500 for pulling the motor and reinstalling the shortblock. Does that sound about right?

HellaTQ02

Established Member
Love it man. The block is pretty much bullet proof. ill be putting truck on year dyno on the 15th, should he making s solid 500hp once I work out the kinks with the fuel system.

thorntonSVT

Established Member
Installing my ported blower and 6 lb lower this weekend. I was already nervous because its freaking cold here.. now im a little more nervous. You gotta pay to play though.

BLKKAOS

Established Member
I thought that the s/b from FRPP(the ones that are for sale now) are with Manley parts,(rods,pistons,etc,etc) and they are strong and good for up to 800hp.Am I wrong??.Joe:coolman:

HellaTQ02

Established Member
I thought that the s/b from FRPP(the ones that are for sale now) are with Manley parts,(rods,pistons,etc,etc) and they are strong and good for up to 800hp.Am I wrong??.Joe:coolman:

I don't know about FRPP s/b but the my HC Racing block came with the Manley internals.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Well damn.

I found a guy who builds blocks in Macon GA, not too far away. We'll see how everything turns out.

I've been quoted 2500 for pulling the motor and reinstalling the shortblock. Does that sound about right?

Oops, forgot about them! I've met them and talk to Lin quite often. They're really cool guys and are certainly enthusiasts for horsepower. When you call tell them I sent you. :beer:

s|ck

Established Member
Sounds like a rod bearing lol If it's just a rod bearing then the block can still be re-used.

tistan

Established Member
Well damn.

Seems like a lot to me. You have to figure most shops charge $80-90 an hour for labor. At $90 an hour divided by $2500 equals about 27 hours. No way they will have this kind of time in just swapping in a shortblock. We did a shortblock in my friends lightning in about 15 hours, and neither of us had ever been inside a modular motor and we screwed around alot and drank a lot of beer.

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
Well damn.

Not tooo bad I was charged 1800

andy mack

Established Member
Go built , secretly I imagine a few of us would relish the chance to go built ,
must be a bummer when your engine blows but what bad luck ! You have too have a new motor , mmr or frrp big decision IMO would have the MMR what loads of advice on here
andy

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Love it man. The block is pretty much bullet proof. ill be putting truck on year dyno on the 15th, should he making s solid 500hp once I work out the kinks with the fuel system.

Thanks man!!!:beer:
{we do what we can}

Glad its doing well for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread