So I have the Dang Popping Under the Hood... question

Cold Brew

Established Member
I used the search function dont worry;-)

I know its some bolt(s) that need to be tightened on the steering rack but I have no idea which ones. Can somebody give me a description of what ones need to be tightened or do you have pictures of it?

Is this something I can get to if I just jack one side of the car up and take off a wheel or must it be put up on a ramp?

It wasnt too bad at first, but now it pops like crazy at low speed turning of the wheel and its gettin real annoying. I wouldnt want anything to break b/c of it. THanks

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Good question. I have a set of MM aluminum steering rack bushings I need to put in and haven't yet looked to see what kind of job it would be. Has anyone replaced these?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you sure it is the steering rack? What are your suspension mods, if any?

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
if you are still under warenty, have the dealer fix it. otherwise, get the MM bushings(i belive you will have to align the car after install). it definatly savwes your sanity after replacement.

Cold Brew

Established Member
corpsedub said:
if you are still under warenty, have the dealer fix it. otherwise, get the MM bushings(i belive you will have to align the car after install). it definatly savwes your sanity after replacement.

im not still under warranty:(

Cold Brew

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Are you sure it is the steering rack? What are your suspension mods, if any?

no suspension mods. was just going from some threads i read. Sounds like someone is taking a wrench and clanking it on things under the hood. only when turning the wheel at low speeds. if I sit still and turn the wheel it does it like mad.

Users who are viewing this thread