So I dyno'ed, now I have a ticking noise...

beerformeplz

Kenne Bell Mach 1
Established Member
NinoAvila said:

The dyno operator was having all sorts of issues trying to get my car and Darrell's car in the right gear. He'd get to third and gear down to 2nd or shift to 6th....he was just unsure.

So the guy that dynod your car cant drive a stick? I would told him to unstrap it before he made any other pulls.

Also you had someone do a full pull dyno run after you changed to a ported blower? Was any tuning done after the install?

Last edited:

Boostaddict5.0

Turbo Head
Established Member
beerformeplz said:
So the guy that dynod your car cant drive a stick? I would told him to unstrap it before he made any other pulls.

Also you had someone do a full pull dyno run after you changed to a ported blower? Was any tuning done after the install?

No doubt brother...unstrap that beast.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I hope your engine comes out even stronger with the new parts, ever thought about JE Pistons?

94_Vert

Established Member
be tactful but tell him you have a lawyer and are looking into filing a claim against him. see what he says, 10 to 1 odds that the document you signed wouldn't hold up in court. just because you signed a disclaimer, that doesn't give them free will to make stupid mistakes, i.e pull in 6th. if he made a pull in the correct gear and then something happened you would be sol. but thats not the case

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
That is completely wrong. There is a huge difference in engine load between 4th and 6th gear. Go out in a cobra and pull from 3K rpms in 4th gear, then pul from 3K rpms in 6th gear and tell me what you think.

-Jeff

Thank God someone else knows what they are talking about. HUGE difference between 4th and 6th gear loads at a low RPM.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
that sucks bro.....I believe its the shop/operators fault....Who the hell does a pull on a mustang dyno in 6th gear???? and how much of a ****up do you have to be to not know the difference between 6th gear and 4th??....That place sounds like its run by hacks!

Unfortunately, you generall sign away any accouintability you can hold towards the shop when you sign those waivers, so you're on your own.....its an expensive lesson you've learned, but atleast after you throw some new pistons in there and have it installed and tuned by a reputable shop, you'll have a car thats not only powerful, but also reliable!

GL

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
baloo said:
I feel for you and I don't want sound overly negative, but if an engine can't handle 20 sec at wide open throttle, I wouldn't necessarily blame the dyno operator. In terms of load and duration the difference between a 4th gear and a 6th gear pull is fairly small, and if those extra seconds cause engine damage, chances are it was running on borrowed time to begin with.

If they had overrevved it on a downshift or if they were responsible for the tune, sure, go after them for a new engine, but if I was the dyno operator, I wouldn't pay for a modded engine that self-destructed on the dyno. As shitty as the situation is for you, but if your engine really was that close to blowing up that a slightly extended pull did the trick, I don't think that's the dyno shops fault.

the motor wasnt "near failure" one of these motors bone stock can handle 1000hp but most people know that you dont go wot in an overdrive with boost, its a well know fact that you dont want to try to go 200mph in a cobra in 6th gear without a head cooling mod...

Users who are viewing this thread