So I arched the positive and blew the fuse...

OveRBoreD

Established Member
As title says I was working on the downpipe for that side and arched the positive cable. It blew the fuse for advancetrac. I temporarily switched that cable to the 200a fuse for the alternator. It started up with no advancetrac warning so it is working. Has anybody done this for a period of time?

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Awesome man thanks! I was worried about the power draw and everything but was thinking they are on the same circuit anyway, just on separate fuses. I don't mess with electricity. Your reply helps immensely.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I blew mine the first time I changed plugs. I just soldered the 'fuse' back together and 12k miles later, still no issues.

CharlieR

Established Member
Get the fuse. The wiring/Advanctrack is not capable of blowing the 200a fuse, so if it malfunctions or there is an accident, the wire can/will burn.

Wow "fixed" the fuse? You get the fuse too, all of you GET THE FUSE!!!

Last edited:

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I hear you about getting a new fuse which I will be doing. Need the car up and running in the mean time. I suck at soldering believe me. I tried that first before giving up and just putting it on the post with the alternator. Thanks for the replies.

CharlieR

Established Member
Yea, I understand moving it to have it running but it is a Bad idea to leave it like that(or to "fix the fuse"). Those large fuses are not to protect the "equipment" the wire runs they are to protect the wire from getting overheated and burning.

Users who are viewing this thread