So I accidentally bought it.... kinda.... need help

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
So I put a lowball offer in on the burned car, and ended up winning it unexpectedly yesterday. So I'm trying to put together a cannonball run together for this weekend to go get the car.

But what I'm going to need is an engine bay harness and other misc engine parts and sensors. I'll put a thread up in the marketplace on here soon too. Anyone on here have one laying around? I believe there are a couple guys that swapped to turbos and stand alone engine management systems on here. Who were they, and do they have the factory harness?

Also, anyone know the difference between the 10-12 cars harness and the 13-14 cars harness?

I must be crazy....

Burn 1.jpg
Burn 2.jpg

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Man, I will love watching this build. Crazy to some but not by us on here! I'd love a project like this.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks fine to me with exception of the "1000 hp" Shelby snake on the side. So dumb. Too bad the fire did not take those out, too.

This will make the perfect devil-may-care drag strip monster. Enjoy.

Silver Talon

Established Member
Man, I will love watching this build. Crazy to some but not by us on here! I'd love a project like this.

I plan on doing some video of the trip and stuff, and making a youtube account for it. I'll be posting a ton of stuff to Instagram too. I'm Maine-GT500 on insta. Ill make a build thead on here too for sure. I had a blast doing my white Shelby, and my stepson and I are stoked to get into this car too.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I plan on doing some video of the trip and stuff, and making a youtube account for it. I'll be posting a ton of stuff to Instagram too. I'm Maine-GT500 on insta. Ill make a build thead on here too for sure. I had a blast doing my white Shelby, and my stepson and I are stoked to get into this car too.

Are you on Maine? Where is the car located?

Silver Talon

Established Member
This is so funny

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Care to elaborate? Foolish move on my part?

Looks fine to me with exception of the "1000 hp" Shelby snake on the side. So dumb. Too bad the fire did not take those out, too.

This will make the perfect devil-may-care drag strip monster. Enjoy.

Yea, I see that too. Badges are easy to swap though, so no biggie. Looking at a stock build to be able to sell it and make a few bucks.

sleek98

Established Member
I have a transmission harness, brand new egr valve, fuel rails left over from my 6R swap if you need any of them.

The 11/12 engine and trans harnesses should be the same just different part number due to the year of the car.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Care to elaborate? Foolish move on my part?

No way you’ve already been through this sort of with your first one. It’s funny because that’s something I’d do. Low ball offer and then accidentally be dragged into a project I was just tossing around in my mind.

Silver Talon

Established Member
Haha, gotchya! I put my bid in mainly to push a kid I know to buy it. I bumped mine just over his because I knew it would sell for just a little more than he was thinking. We are using the same dealer to buy these. He saw mine last year and has been on the hunt ever since.

Car did 900 more than he wanted to go to, and he wouldn't pay the other 900. So I own a car!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Meh.

Run a coyote harness and ECU. Coyote/6r80/Turbo swap it while you build it. Sell the trinity 5.8, TVS, and TR6060 for big money and hold a cup of coffee in one hand while you knock off consistent bottom 9s or high 8s.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm trying that too, just havent had a call back yet. Online the harness shows discontinued still.

Dealer or two could show it on locator - see if you can get part number and search eBay or parts houses. Make sure they search with VIN

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Haha, gotchya! I put my bid in mainly to push a kid I know to buy it. I bumped mine just over his because I knew it would sell for just a little more than he was thinking. We are using the same dealer to buy these. He saw mine last year and has been on the hunt ever since.

Car did 900 more than he wanted to go to, and he wouldn't pay the other 900. So I own a car!

I’m jealous. I love projects. I’m not done with my current one though lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

So you bumped the price higher. I dont get how that was gonna help the kid buy the car

Users who are viewing this thread