So how would you describe your driving habits?

1s9v9t3

Established Member
My girl tells me I'm a completely different driver in the truck compared to my DD

I hear the same thing, but its when I drive her car.

I am an agressive defensive driver. My defense is to go faster than everyone else, then I won't have to worry about getting into an accident someone else caused.

I agree with Rob

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
I would describe my driving habits as Crazy. All you see is a Blue Streak going down the road the dog dashes behind my seat and gets down on the floor, and a driver with a cigerette going, there is almost always a bent bumper or some kind of body damage on my Lightning.

I drive crazy

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
For some reason I tend to think the road is practice laps for the track so I tend to drive like I am racing no matter what I am in. I almost always heal-toe my downshifts coming to corners or stops and I apex all corners for the practice. I almost never take stupid chances though because I don't want to hurt anybody.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
For some reason I tend to think the road is practice laps for the track so I tend to drive like I am racing no matter what I am in. I almost always heal-toe my downshifts coming to corners or stops and I apex all corners for the practice. I almost never take stupid chances though because I don't want to hurt anybody.

funny how you refer to it as practice laps. ive been road racing motorcycles for some years now and honestly i do the same thing. i outbrake everyone to the corners, nail my apex's, etc.. although i dont get crazy to the point where someone would realize what im doing (besides going a bit fast) im racing in my own mind. ;)

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Have you seen the pics of my motor? 'Nuff said.

Yeah Bob, I bet your truck with the engine off is still faster than mine :lol:

On the tailgating thing again, I can understand wanting to move slow people out of the way, but why would you want to get right up on somebody's bumper?? You just cut your reaction time to less than zero if something happens and they slam on their brakes. A huge number of accidents are cause by people following too close.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
when i get on someones ass it may be close, but it also isnt right on their bumper either. no matter what, the closer you get the less time you have to react, but my irritation due to the slow ass driver who doesnt belong in the left lane takes over my better sense of judgement. ;) but you also have to watch the cars in front of the car you are following which will give you a better indication of how close you can "safely" follow them while still giving them the hint to move the hell over. :)

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I drive the opposite in each of my cars in Dubai... The BMW I drive slowly during take off and around town, go really fast down highways..

In the truck im a fast driver around town, slower on the highway. But I love driving the truck, its just one of those things I really enjoy.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
My DD (04 explorer) is exactly that... I drive it like I own it, don't slow down for speed bumps, gets a bath every two weeks if its lucky (my wife actually washes it more that I do). The L is my favorite toy. I drive it like I stole it only on nice days and rarely sees rain and ALWAYS gets washed before the DD.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Paid for motor to have a 600hp L. As soon as I get into the gas I have to slow down though... She's my DD.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
MoneyPit said:
Yeah Bob, I bet your truck with the engine off is still faster than mine :lol:

On the tailgating thing again, I can understand wanting to move slow people out of the way, but why would you want to get right up on somebody's bumper?? You just cut your reaction time to less than zero if something happens and they slam on their brakes. A huge number of accidents are cause by people following too close.

You could also say that they are caused due to people going too slowly causing a backup right? Nothing irritates me more than someone going slow in the left lane blocking traffic and talking on their phone! :cuss: :mj:

That's also why I got these:

bbkinstalled0037wo.jpg

:rockon: :D :beer:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
funny how you refer to it as practice laps. ive been road racing motorcycles for some years now and honestly i do the same thing. i outbrake everyone to the corners, nail my apex's, etc.. although i dont get crazy to the point where someone would realize what im doing (besides going a bit fast) im racing in my own mind. ;)

Exactly, I did get pulled over for swerving in my lane when I was apexing corners once. The jackass wrote me a ticket for crossing the center line when I didn't, took it before the judge and won :pepper: :banana:

Also I agree on the tailgaiting thing. I usually get close but not right up on their ass and if I do that I am always paying more careful attention and watching as many cars ahead as I can see. Most accidents are caused by people not paying attention as opposed to following too closely. I also agree with Fade, you needs them brakes to outstop whatever is in front of you, on the flipside though I watch the asshole behind me because he usually can't come close to stopping as quickly. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread