So how would you describe your driving habits?

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
My girl tells me I'm a completely different driver in the truck compared to my DD (weak ass '94 honda civic). I suppose it's because I drive the underpowered import all week and when I finally get in the truck I'm just happy to have some real power on tap. Still, I never tailgate or cut people off and always use turn signals. I just hammer the throttle more. So, do you guys/gals drive more aggressive when you're in the SVT, or do you just drive the same way no matter what the vehicle?

(By the way, all people who tailgate should be deported out of the country and sent to rot on a remote island somewhere :cuss: )

-Matt

gbgary

Established Member
same thing here. it's the power...you know you can get there first..., make it to that next exit in time..., etc.

and matt you're right...our team sucks. GO B's!!

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
I am an agressive defensive driver. :) My defense is to go faster than everyone else, then I won't have to worry about getting into an accident someone else caused.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I don't drive like a Fast N Furious stunt double (A-Hole) but my throttle foot really only has two positions. On and Off. Doesn't really matter what car in my "fleet" that I'm driving. My wife has to yell at me when I'm driving our/her Bronco, "YOUR NOT IN THE LIGHTNING!" :cuss:

Suprisingly, Bronco's don't handle as good as L's on exit ramps at 60mph. :bash:

fat rat

Established Member
203Cree said:
I am an agressive defensive driver. :) My defense is to go faster than everyone else, then I won't have to worry about getting into an accident someone else caused.
x2

bmfgsxr

Established Member
when im in the dd (very slow corolla) i try to get where im going as quickly and efficiently as possible, but i dont beat on the car to do it.

when im in Lightning i try to get where im going as quickly and efficiently as i need to(unless im pleasure driving). and ill use the power if i need to. i do tend to drive the truck easier knowing that the power is there if i need it. i dont feel the need to hammer on it all the time.

as far as tailgating goes.. well if someone in front of me is driving way too slow then ill get as close as i need to until they get the message and move over.. people who drive slow in the passing lanes should be deported to an island to rot. that way it eliminates the need for me to tailgate. ;)

i should clarify that im usually the fastest moving vehicle on the road. its very rare that someone is passing me regardless of what car im driving (it just takes a whole lot longer to get up to that speed in the dd :) )

Last edited:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Considering that I have owned a 92 ford explorer that would barley due 80 and a 93 chevy pickup that had a 4.3 litre V-6 that you had to be going down hill with the wind behind you to get up to 75. I do drive my lightning much more aggressive than those other vehicles.

But come on, how much fun is it to mash the loud pedal and hear that s/c whine. That is the best part of drivig my truck, and the fact that I don't have to worry about having enough room to pass someone on a two lane road.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I drive like a granny most of the time. Im generally cruising at the speed limit. If a pack is doing 45 on the 35, im the asshole thats doing 40 in the right lane perading my way. I usually try to leave early or ontime to go to whereever i need to go. But if I ever need to get somewhere in a hurry, like crossing 3-4 lanes and a center lane to merge into traffic or cross the street, im also the asshole that took the clear shot and hauled ass like most cars cant.

Thats my city driving.

On the freeway, I flip on the V1 and cruise at about 85-95 wherever I go, regardless of how fast everyone else is going. The only thing that will slow me down on the freeway is rain or snow.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Well my daily driver is a 2006 explorer... I drive it pretty fast most of the time, but usually never floor it.

Then my 2003 Expedition, that I drive like a grandpa cause its all done up with a stereo system, so I take my time in that and enjoy the tunes & drive.

My 90 stang is ONLY taken out when I wanna pretend I'm on the autobahn, never ever drive that car anyway but pedal to the medal.

The lightning, I actually drive kinda slow, this way I could find more people to race and mess with.

And I hear ya about the slower traffic keep right, my god is that such a hard concept for people to comprehend??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I-75 in southern florida is notorious for old peeps driving 60 in the left lane..... drives me mad.

Bootie

Established Member
MMShaggy said:
I-75 in southern florida is notorious for old peeps driving 60 in the left lane..... drives me mad.

It's not just in S.FL. or on I-75. Damnit they're everywhere and should be deported out of the country and sent to rot on a remote island :cuss: . LOL

I consider myself an average to midly aggressive driver, but usually never speed..much. It's how you get to the speed that counts. :burnout:

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
HAHA My DD Acura sucks balls! i hammer the crap out of it at times... but mainly i just put along...

in the truck it all depends.. sometimes i cruise and just play it cool... othertimes i run WOT from stop light to stop light... LOL

Boost01

Established Member
I always tell my wife its my stress relief along with the gym. Your are very true these trucks made for that. Every stop sign and stop light are my best friend cause my adrenaline comes out to play every time especially if theres a vehicle with somthin under the hood.:lol:

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
Lucky me, my L is my DD I dont really drive aggressively just fast 15 over city (BUT NEVER IN A SCHOOL ZONE) and 15-20 over on the high way. When I had my Eclipse as a DD i would drive a little more aggressivly bc i felt like i had to prove something even thougt that car had 450+ WHP I live in South Florida so It's a bout SNOW BIRD season so I'm going to be wearing my Helmet when i drive as a percaution! I got my L bc some old lady pulled out in frount of me eating an ice cream cone and talking on her cell phone, and the eclipse was totaled.

Damned04

Professional Human Being
Established Member
I usually go about 5 slower than everyone on the free way If Im just cruisin to allow the "fast" cars to catch up. Last weekend I was cruisin at 70 to the mall when some jackass in a wrx is weaving through traffic. I caught up to him and let him hear it whine. I hate when people drive like a-holes just cus they think they have a faster car than you. In the city, I go the speed limit just so I don't attract the fuzz. (They love red cars)

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
MoneyPit said:
My girl tells me I'm a completely different driver in the truck compared to my DD (weak ass '94 honda civic). I suppose it's because I drive the underpowered import all week and when I finally get in the truck I'm just happy to have some real power on tap. Still, I never tailgate or cut people off and always use turn signals. I just hammer the throttle more. So, do you guys/gals drive more aggressive when you're in the SVT, or do you just drive the same way no matter what the vehicle?

(By the way, all people who tailgate should be deported out of the country and sent to rot on a remote island somewhere :cuss: )

-Matt

You just described the way I am.

Users who are viewing this thread