So how come the Mach didn't make it into the SVT group?

BLKFOX

Established Member
I've always kind of wondered...The 96-98 cobra's were part of the svt, but why not the Mach's? Pretty much an updated version...with a shaker:)

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
They came out the same years as the Cobra (03/04) so maybe they didn't need the competition?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I've always kind of wondered...The 96-98 cobra's were part of the svt,
ALL cobras are part of SVT not just the 96-98s
but why not the Mach's? Pretty much an updated version...with a shaker:)
and updated version of what? the Cobra? I think not. SVT had nothing to do with the Mach. ergo it is not part of the SVT family.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The Mach has an assembly line produced engine which is basically the same as the one in the marauder and avaitor...nothing special. Other than that it's a GT with a shaker.

Last edited:

steeltoe

Established Member
Machs, Bullitts, and GT/CS are what Ford calls Living Legends. It was supposed to be a limited run of different old option packages every couple of years but this didn't happen.

Last edited:

BLKFOX

Established Member
ALL cobras are part of SVT not just the 96-98s

and updated version of what? the Cobra? I think not. SVT had nothing to do with the Mach. ergo it is not part of the SVT family.

Good point on the Cobras...I'm just saying it's basically the same motor and has the same brakes...They have their differences but they seem like they'd be close enough that where SVT could've joined in..

Last edited:

BLKFOX

Established Member
Machs, Bullitts, and GT/CS are what Ford calls Living Legends. It was supposed to be a limited run of different old option packages every couple of years but this didn't happen.

Makes sense...I just think that Mach's are pretty cool being that they are a completely different car than GT's...They fit in pretty good with the cobra crowd, minus the termi's...lol

BLKFOX

Established Member
The Mach has an assembly line produced engine which is basically the same as the one in the marauder and avaitor...nothing special. Other than that it's a GT with a shaker.

a GT with a 4v and a shaker :rockon:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good point on the Cobras...I'm just saying it's basically the same motor and has the same brakes...They have their differences but they seem like they'd be close enough that where SVT could've joined in..
horseshit. it is not "basically the same motor" and they are no where close to a cobra. Why should SVT get involved in a car like the Mach when they have bigger better fish to fry? :bored:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
horseshit. it is not "basically the same motor" and they are no where close to a cobra. Why should SVT get involved in a car like the Mach when they have bigger better fish to fry? :bored:

Hmmm..., let's look into this...

same intake cams as the 03/04 Cobra and the GT500
same exhaust cams as all the Cobra's and the GT500
same pistons as the 96-98 and 99/01 Cobra's
same rods as the 96-98 and 99/01 Cobra's
same block as some of the 01 Cobras
same valves as the 96-98 and 99/01 Cobras
same (basically) lower intake as the 99/01 Cobra's
same TB as the 99/01 Cobra
same crank as all the 4.6 powered Cobra's (yes, the auto Mach cranks is cast)
same heads as the 03/04 Cobra

What's different...
valve covers
upper intake

...that's about it.

WaterBoii

Established Member
Hmmm..., let's look into this...

same intake cams as the 03/04 Cobra and the GT500
same exhaust cams as all the Cobra's and the GT500
same pistons as the 96-98 and 99/01 Cobra's
same rods as the 96-98 and 99/01 Cobra's
same block as some of the 01 Cobras
same valves as the 96-98 and 99/01 Cobras
same (basically) lower intake as the 99/01 Cobra's
same TB as the 99/01 Cobra
same crank as all the 4.6 powered Cobra's (yes, the auto Mach cranks is cast)
same heads as the 03/04 Cobra

What's different...
valve covers
upper intake

...that's about it.

+1 +1 +1
I mean machs arent the fastest cars in the world stock, but the list of differences between the 03/04 cobras is very small. Whats differenent? The blocks made out of iron, and the tranny is different, and they have IRS which is not an upgrade at all. Keep in mind..put a blower on a mach, and youll pull on cobras allll day long...until the lower end goes atleast..

Besides...Machs are more rare then cobras anyway so he does bring up a good question in this thread topic...Why didn't Mach's get slapped in with SVT?

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
My understanding was that the Mach 1 / Marauder / T-Bird ( yeah, remember the T-Bird ) were at least in part, part of a larger business plan for Ford to justify the development and production of the 4v 4.6 developed for the 99/01 Cobra. I.e., in order to get the green light to produce the 99/01 Cobra which had far lower production #'s than 96 - 98 & 03/04 Cobras, someone had to make a business case to put that engine into some wider production vehicles so that the development, tooling, parts production and manufacturing costs got balanced out by mass production.

I could be wrong, but it's something I've always heard being so close to the 99/01 vs Mach 1 rivalry. It was basically a cost amortization move.

Adam03GT

Established Member

Are you retarded?

There is just as long a list that makes a Mach 1 different than a GT as there is for the differences between a Mach 1 and Cobra.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Yes, I am.

I own a Mach but there is nothing special about it except for the engine and shaker.
My Mach would absolutely murder my GT...and I think the engine is a big upgrade over the 2v, the shaker's just a bonus:)
+1 +1 +1
I mean machs arent the fastest cars in the world stock, but the list of differences between the 03/04 cobras is very small. Whats differenent? The blocks made out of iron, and the tranny is different, and they have IRS which is not an upgrade at all. Keep in mind..put a blower on a mach, and youll pull on cobras allll day long...until the lower end goes atleast..

Besides...Machs are more rare then cobras anyway so he does bring up a good question in this thread topic...Why didn't Mach's get slapped in with SVT?

Mach's are amazing car's...Even before I got my Mach I always thought that SVT should've done something with them...+1 on the blower!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What I dont' understand is why you are so apparently butthurt over the fact that it is not a SVT. The Mach is a great car, hell I would have got one if my budget were different when i got my 04. Who the **** cares that it's not a part of SVT.

Alscobra

Established Member
The Mach followed the lines of the original Machs. Little more engine than the base with a solid rear end. Pretty much a "drag pack" gt as it was called way back when. You have a 4v gt trimmed out.

Users who are viewing this thread