So here's a new one for me... horn won't stop honking

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
As some of you may know i've been reassembling a car over the last year and a half. I had the entire harness out and reloomed. all the grounds I know about are grounded well and i tried swapping the horn relay with another one which gave the same result.

I haven't cranked the car yet but everything else seems to be working as it ought.

I've removed all the airbags and the airbag control unit, the PATS system seems to be functioning correctly, I just don't get whats going on.

anybody seen this before?

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
its definitely not a stuck relay. whatever the issue is its upstream of that. the horns are fine, the relay is fine, the power switching on the relay is just constant. and the horn is ike CONSTANT not as if you pressed the panic button. its like a dead guy is leaning on the horn. i'm going to rig up a light so that i can test without going deaf today (while i wait on my last coolant hose to show up).

I’d guess something got goofed up in the steering wheel when removing the air bags

I thought about that so i removed the entire wheel. same result. i'm going to try removing the clockspring today and see if that helps then just work my way back from there to the relay.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Seems to have resolved itself once I plugged in a couple things in the trunk.

Weird. Adventures in hotrodding!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that is a surprise ending. Mystery resolved, but still unknown. Life goes on! :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread