So are there any fast contours on here or what?

Steeltwo

Established Member
this guy lives within a gas tanks distance of me.

maybe I should run him over and steal his wonderful brain full of idea's?

200 shot on a csvt, get ready for a "different" experience, and i'm not talking wheelhop.

slammdSVT

Established Member
hahahahahaha ur not gonna get away witha 200 shot and 13:1 compression on stock pistons... theyll explode....ur a tool... i can see maybe a 200 shot on stock compression but bumpin that compression that high with a 200 shot is only gonna explode that pistons n ull have lots of pieces in ur oil....i may be a newbie on this site but i know quite a bit about nitrous and cars.... and have alot of experience with it ALOT.... unless u plan on o-ringin ur block and head and buyin forged pistons ur not gonna get away with that shit hands down.. but sure try it i bet it will last a whole twenty seconds and ill put money on it...

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
NO im running a 100 shot on the stock motor. the 200 will be on the 3L i'm building. and as for that guy that lives in wisconsin, you can come to my place and see my setup today its almost done all except the MSD i had a faulty one they sent a new unit out for me. you guys think you have a clue what you talk about you dont. you can run a 200 shot on any compression ratio if you know what your doing. i see you being proved wrong in the near future

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Ok, so after you shortly blow up your engine (you are using STOCK componets right?) we will all point and laugh at you....but hten again, you seem to know everything..

slammdSVT

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
NO im running a 100 shot on the stock motor. the 200 will be on the 3L i'm building. and as for that guy that lives in wisconsin, you can come to my place and see my setup today its almost done all except the MSD i had a faulty one they sent a new unit out for me. you guys think you have a clue what you talk about you dont. you can run a 200 shot on any compression ratio if you know what your doing. i see you being proved wrong in the near future

Trust me i know wut im talkin about when it comes to nitrous.... and the way ur gonna be able to spray 200hp with taht kinda compression is if u go with forged pistons. There absolutly no way a stock pistons will handle that kinda of combustions. it will burn a hole thru it or break up into little peices. And also the higher the compression the harder it is to tune the nitrous its hard to spray any amount of nitrous at a 20:1 compression motor besides that 2 stroke crap. But yea like i said ull be lucky to get 20 seconds of sprayin fun out of that motor if ur using stock pistons and not o-ringing the blocks... u need forged pistons and u need to o-ring that block to the head..

Swazo

Established Member
Why use DIS4 from MSD when you have SCT tuning available?

Also, you mentioned you'll be decking you heads to bump your compression ratio...... gosh, how much do you plan to take off there? It sounds like your know these engines pretty well with what you've got planned. :poke:

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
you cant take much off the head really i said i am going to have the block machined at the head surface. this is going to be a motor built for the spray not my stock 2.5 i dont know where u guys are getting that i said i was going to spray 200 on my stock motor. i am going to run a 100 shot on my stock motor and when i build its going to be 200 on the 3Litre. all i need to do is find cams with a little bit less lift and more duration, spray the 200 shot from 5000 to 7000 rpm the engine is already turning enough to prevent a backfire. yes it will put excessive stress on the internals, but it can be done.

SpookSVT

Established Member
So what are your goals really? 12's? If demon would spray even in a 50 shot in third gear to the finish I'd confidently bet he'd hit 12's on a good day. But then again he's not into the whole drag racing thing w/ this car and god forbid he use any form of FI on this car either. :rollseyes

Yea it's FWD and it's not ideal but big things have been accomplished even w/ it.

Believe me you don't need a 200 shot or even a 150 or 125. A full bolt on 3L oval port w/ SVT manifolds and a 75 shot will get you the power. It's up to the driver to harness it. ;-)

Steeltwo

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
are you going to be at the rock this summer testing it out?

SpookSVT

Established Member
Seriously man what are your goals really? I think your getting a little too ambitious even though I'm glad to see an ambitious person go at this car and turn good times.

I'd bet you'd run 12s w/ a 75 or 200 shot. The 200 shot being after the head lifts and you drift the rest of the way down the track. If that doesn't happen then the axles snap from the huge TQ spike even when your at 50mph. Not to mention the monster clutch to handle the load and how undrivable it's gonna be. There is just too much cylinder pressure in there w/ 13:1 compression and a 200 shot. These motors respond very well to nitrous even w/ out much modification. What are your goals?

I'd like to see you be able to run 12's w/ the nitrous then switch the tune to N/A and still have a very fun track car which is my goal once I got money to do so. I don't know how well the spec 3 is gonna be in the twisties but we'll see.

Steeltwo

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
yeah i'll be at the rock this summer. find the TEKONE group. black CSVT with focus SVT wheels
are you going to go on fun days or with the 3000 civics on sport compact day?

i take my camera there, so when you run

everyone will find out if you broke, or if you truely can get a csvt as fast as you are claiming.

either way, it'll be something to see.

Last edited:

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
fun/test days and sport compact day. i will run the snowmobile mostly on fun day. yeah tahts cool everything is going to be video taped anyways but yeah you should also try focusing on making YOUR csvt fast. talk to you later

Steeltwo

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
fun/test days and sport compact day. i will run the snowmobile mostly on fun day. yeah tahts cool everything is going to be video taped anyways but yeah you should also try focusing on making YOUR csvt fast. talk to you later
i have a dsm

if I spend 3 grand on a dsm
and 3 grand on my svt

my dsm will be running mid 12's without a problem(and without breaking...maybe)

my svt - will be running a mid to high 14 and i'll be scared if the diff or tranny will break.

my svt is a cruiser and autox car. It is not a drag machine.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Steeltwo said:
i have a dsm

if I spend 3 grand on a dsm
and 3 grand on my svt

my dsm will be running mid 12's without a problem(and without breaking...maybe)

my svt - will be running a mid to high 14 and i'll be scared if the diff or tranny will break.

my svt is a cruiser and autox car. It is not a drag machine.

That's because you don't know anything. Put a 500 shot or an ACME Rocket booster and it'll blow your DSM into the weeds. :rockon:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
black99lightnin said:
That's because you don't know anything. Put a 500 shot or an ACME Rocket booster and it'll blow your DSM into the weeds. :rockon:
LMAO!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
black99lightnin said:

unfortunately, your insurance rates would increase by a factor of fifteen thousand.

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
awd GSX whoopdee shat man you are like everyone else. you put 300+ whp at that gsx you might skrew somethign up too. either way im not here to argue with you guys. you will all see. oh yeah and you would put 2k into your GSX probably so it could just crank walk and you'd have to rebuild it. /meh

Users who are viewing this thread