So anyway, a friend who happens to hate ford thinks his 99 firehawk...

MustangThief

Established Member
Would stomp all over a stock 03 cobra.

He said basically that he wishes he could have raced me before I did any mods, because "now" I would kill him, but before his 99 firehawk would have stomped all over me. I tried to talk some sense into him, but he won't listen.

I've tried to look up stock firehawk times, but all the stuff I find is usually modded.

I told him i was guessing he put down around 340 RWHP, which wasn't enough to match a low powered term of 370s to the wheels...

but i don't know about the weight differences, so i gave him that, but he wouldn't agree that it would be a drivers race stock vs stock. I couldn't even get him to agree to that.

He also complains that he can't race because his blew his differential out and the shop put in a "regular" rear end instead of the beefy ws6 rear end so he can't hammer on it..

Thoughts?

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
they were rated at 320 flywheel hp, but most were a bit underrated--they actually dynoed around 305 rwhp. still, they're no match for a cobra stock for stock. and yes, all f-bodies were equipped with a 'glass jaw' of a rear end.

diels1

Sidewinder Cobra
Established Member
I don't even get into these bench racing "sessions" anymore. I usually, just go about my day and make a mental note that the fool is crazy.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
You cannot and will not change the mind of a fool who thinks his car is God's gift to vehicles. Every car has their place on the food chain, but some people don't know where they fall. This idiot is obviously one of those people who believe their car has some magical engine in it that will dyno 50HP higher than any other vehicle of it's type. Also, it will run 10's in the 1/4 mile.

Too bad you're not stock to stick it to him real good. Of course, you'd just have to hear about 100 excuses as to why he didn't win.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Sonnds like he is a total BS'er. "My car is faster than yours, but I can't race because my diff will break". Yeah, right. I've met alot of people with cars that are "faster" than mine but they can never seem to prove it.

MustangThief

Established Member
I think we all knoe one or two people like your friend.:beer:

Yeah, I know plenty of people like him, but i've never seen anyone have so many misconceptions about a freakin 99 pontiac.

I should find a stock blower and put my stock pulley on and race his ass, then I'll probably hear about how my exhaust put me over the top.

This same guy has a porsche carrera S, that if I bring up racing he just gets 10x more pissy because there's "NO way a porsche is going to lose to a mustang"

dredg9

Established Member
obviously hes a tool, i know some people like that and they seem to shut up when i tell them to put there money where there mouth is.

BWH2003

Established Member
I dont know what they put down to the wheels but the firehawks were rated at 345 hp from slp not the usual 320 hp. Given that and the 200 lb weight differnence I would still say the cobra would win. After you dyno both cars it would be 50-60 rwhp differnece and 200 lb less is not enough to over come that unless you suck at driving lol.

03mgmcobra

Established Member
what do you mean..."I told him i was guessing he put down around 340 RWHP, which wasn't enough to match a low powered term of 370s to the wheels..."?
i thought average, stock was like 365?

Rob04SVT

Established Member
Do you live anywhere near Jacksonville, FL?

Ill race him with my almost stock '04... this should prove our point. This guy needs to pull his fanboi head from his ass

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Sonnds like he is a total BS'er. "My car is faster than yours, but I can't race because my diff will break". Yeah, right. I've met alot of people with cars that are "faster" than mine but they can never seem to prove it.
Exactly... the typical I would beat you if it wasn't for this "nonsense".

To OP: Don't even waste your time worrying about what this douche has to say, he will just continue to aggravate you if you let him. No matter what there will always be another excuse why he can't race or why you'll win just this time. I try to steer clear of these morons.

MustangThief

Established Member
what do you mean..."I told him i was guessing he put down around 340 RWHP, which wasn't enough to match a low powered term of 370s to the wheels..."?
i thought average, stock was like 365?

"Debuting in early 2002, the 2003 Cobra came with a supercharged 4.6 L DOHC engine rated at 390 hp (291 kW) and 390 lb·ft (529 N·m) of torque. It was later determined that Ford had underrated the Cobra, as actual output averaged 430 hp (321 kW) and 430 lb·ft (583 N·m) of torque"

-10% for drivetrain = 43 horsepower = Average RWHP of 387.

1996stang

Established Member
We raced one in my friends 03 gt that had a non aftercooled vortech at 8psi which equaled 361hp 360tq and beat him on the highway from a 35 roll. So saying that i don't see how a stock cobra could lose they make that kind of power or more stock.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You cannot and will not change the mind of a fool who thinks his car is God's gift to vehicles. Every car has their place on the food chain, but some people don't know where they fall. This idiot is obviously one of those people who believe their car has some magical engine in it that will dyno 50HP higher than any other vehicle of it's type. Also, it will run 10's in the 1/4 mile.

Too bad you're not stock to stick it to him real good. Of course, you'd just have to hear about 100 excuses as to why he didn't win.

How true! That applies to all makes and models. Sometimes what is stated is merely wishful thinking. Or a need for attention. And it becomes a laugher when the person making the claim is called out. Then the excuses start to fly. :lol1:

MustangThief

Established Member
Throw your stock pulley and tune back in and go for it. But thats alot of work just so your buddy will shut his mouth.

Lol I thought about that!

But, he'd bitch because my blower is ported, and if I was going through all that trouble to shut him up, I'd want no possible excuses.

Hey, Jason you around?

I believe Drive XR7 lives right around me and has only exhaust done... if you didn't put that pulley on yet... you wanna shut up a 99 firehawk on one of these weekends for me? :beer:

He's a shit driver, so me or someone else would most likely drive his hawk, but if there's a stocker 03 cobra in the North East Ohio area that would like to put a smack down on a 99 firehawk, let me know. :beer: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread