so about that new virginia law that sucks...

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
even though it effects in-state motorists only, it still doesn't make it right. much rather see a 1c gas tax increase and see people not have to be paying out the ass for some ticket that has increased penalty substantially. If VA passes it other states will take on the idea eventually since every state needs money. (even though PA has a surplus it will run out)

BLK_VNM

Established Member
Del. David B. Albo (R-Fairfax), one of the main proponents of the fees, said he is "totally frustrated" by the opposition.

"If someone else can come up with $65 million that is not a tax increase, I am more than happy to repeal it," said Albo, noting that $65 million a year would finance a bond issue large enough to pay for a project as big as the Springfield Mixing Bowl. "But I bet there would be a petition with 100,000 people on it if we raised the gas tax."

A one-cent increase in the gasoline tax, which has not been raised since 1986, would generate about $50 million a year.

Albo said opposition to the fees has been intense because many people do not understand them.

thats about the jist of his comments

justin

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
finance a bond issue large enough to pay for a project as big as the Springfield Mixing Bowl. "But I bet there would be a petition with 100,000 people on it if we raised the gas tax."

A one-cent increase in the gasoline tax, which has not been raised since 1986, would generate about $50 million a year.

Albo said opposition to the fees has been intense because many people do not understand them.

Oh sorry, I knew who he was, over my head.

Typical Fairfax prick. He needs go to down, hard. Quick. :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread