so about that new virginia law that sucks...

wheelhopper

Established Member
Nice to see that someone is actually doing something about this. I was getting ready to throw cases of Lipton into the river.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
i believe there was a 1k$ increase for improper lane change/no turn signal use. there was a 2250 increase for dui/dwi. a 3k dollar increase for a reckless driving and repeat offenders. the processing fee can also be raised to a max of 10x which would be an additional 750 dollars so your potentially looking at a max of 4k or so with court fees. thats about the jist of it.

justin

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
drksniper said:
i believe there was a 1k$ increase for improper lane change/no turn signal use. there was a 2250 increase for dui/dwi. a 3k dollar increase for a reckless driving and repeat offenders. the processing fee can also be raised to a max of 10x which would be an additional 750 dollars so your potentially looking at a max of 4k or so with court fees. thats about the jist of it.

justin
If the other states follow suit, I'm moving to Canada

BLK_VNM

Established Member
well right now its only for virginia residents as well. out of state people have nothing to worry about. they also said its been put in place to help directly pay for the road improvement projects currently going on.

justin

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Directly pay for the roads, while financing the law firms that sponsored the bill.

I'm giving this bill *edit, woops it's a law* no more than 6 months, or until its shot down by the highest court. Which it should be.

Last edited:

BLK_VNM

Established Member
yea im sure the judges have something to say about it as well and will throw their own 2 cents at it since it basically by passes them and their judgement.

justin

SVT-VNM

Established Member
TTT - almost 80K. If this had more press we'd be at 500K by now.

I am looking foward to sending letters to each and every piece of shit lawmaker that voted for this. I'll give them my "Yankee" piece of mind.

SVT-VNM

Established Member
TTT passed the 100K mark!

I also noticed that this law will be the subject on the CNN morning show (forget the name) at 6AM - going to DVR it to see the opinions.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wow, just read that Post article. Didn't know the thing had over 125k signatures on it. The reasons of the petition are very good ones and added points that I didn't even know were on the bill.

Here is an interesting fact...

"A one-cent increase in the gasoline tax, which has not been raised since 1986, would generate about $50 million a year."

I'm pretty sure nobody would even notice a one cent increase in a gas tax, plus it would collect almost the same revenue of these stupid fines. Some of us have barely been alive since the last one. I know I'm not a VA resident, but when I drove down to Va Beach this past weekend, I made a point not to do more than 20 over. Of course, I never saw a cop on the highway the entire trip down or back.

Last edited:

BLK_VNM

Established Member
the laws only effect virginia residents. any out of state drivers will get charged the normal fees. virginia is the state for people who love to bone people who live in virginia. its the state for lovers after all.

justin

Users who are viewing this thread