Snow + cobra = not good

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Well after a great week at JLP and the Maca guys. I was coming home from my girls house in carrol county. (i dont have no pics...sorry..the only pic i have is from inside the car.)

well i left her house around 4:45 heading back home to st marys county. snow started to fall on I95 pretty hard. By the time i got to the waldorf exit the car was sliding all over the place. I make it down 5 going about 15 to 20 mph. car still sliding and fishtailing all over. I turn on 5 and the roads havent been touched. This is about 8 o'clock. well i make it about a mile and i lose it. car goes sideways so i turn the wheel back to the road and i slide to the other lanes faceing the oncoming traffic. I was stuck. i try to pull up in to a mans driveway to get out of the rd. But the car wont move. (big ass side tires didnt help.) so i roll backward to get out off the rd.

well this all happens in front of my cousins house. so he comes out there with his 4wd and gets me off the rd and i drive it to his house and thats where we sit now.

So driving in the snow with the cobra just does not work well. Sorry for so long and no pictures. Just wanted to vent a little.

TRBO VNM

i guess you didn't see my story last year when Tim and I went and picked up my cobra from Iowa. it wasn't calling for snow, but ohio decided to unleash their worst storm in 100yrs. needless to say, we had to stay over in some small town.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Yes Jason it's a private airport. No commercial flights. Although, I've heard rumors that they want to expand it to take in small prop driven commercial aircraft.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Glad you didn't get creamed :shrug:

Yea i sat there for about 5 mins waiting for joey to come out there to help me. A few cars passed i was just hoping they wouldnt slide into me. But with all that 3 dump trucks went by and none of them had there blade down.:fm:

The roads were not touched.:nonono:

LOL at that tag to.. Thats funny!!

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Her are a few pics.

here it is getting bad.
snow.jpg

Started getting really bad. Car was all over the place.
snow2.jpg

And here i am sitting on side of the rd on the opposite shoulder waiting for my cousin to come help me..
snow3.jpg

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, Richard man, wtf mate. I drove my redfire in the snow and made it home without sliding off the road. Granted, I don't think I got to break 25mph, but I got it home :poke:. At least you didn't damage anything, and got a chance to laugh it off after it was over.

You lucked out big time my friend. I had an accident last year in the snow but my car has a heck of lot more grip in the snow with my Michelin A/S plus tires.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Cobra = Garage Queen in this crap. Hell, Cobra pretty much = Garage Queen 24/7/365 at this point. :nonono:

Glad you made it to your cuz's house unscathed man, thats the important thing!!

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Cobra = Garage Queen in this crap. Hell, Cobra pretty much = Garage Queen 24/7/365 at this point. :nonono:

Glad you made it to your cuz's house unscathed man, thats the important thing!!

Yea i was up at my girls house this weekend for the JLP dyno day... But yea it still at joeys house right now..i guess i will try to get it tomorrow maybe. Im stuck at my moms house. Been pushing snow all morning..

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
You should call ben and have him give you a ride home. If you are at your mom's you aren't far, and he's probably not doing anything. Hell, you know he's not out in the garage...he has no door!

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
You should call ben and have him give you a ride home. If you are at your mom's you aren't far, and he's probably not doing anything. Hell, you know he's not out in the garage...he has no door!

lol.. yea thats right.. he needs to get that door fixed.. But yea i think my mom and mark are going to lowes so i will see if they will drop me off at home so i can get my truck..

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I don't care much for drifting but...
I got married (again) 3/26/07.
Of all things it snowed in Reno during the I do's.
The Nitto 555's did pretty well on black ice (not).
I've racked-up enough miles so I can tell if the Cobra has a cold.
All I can say is YEEHAW!.
Fun but don't think I'll try it again in the Cobra.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread