Sniper Tuning ... Come on In!

I'D WIN

Established Member
Which Sniper tuning package did you purchase?

How much?

Do you have your own end-user adjustment or no?

I think the full vehicle specific package is roughly $1800 which includes the 6-program chip, the tuning software, and the PDA datalogger.

I just wonder about the ease of tuning and datalogging. I have heard, like you, that the program is much more user friendly than the competition but I need more insight.

Its a lot of loot to drop on something when the SCT is much cheaper and fairly easy to use once you get use to it.

BTW,

Who tuned your truck and was it dyno tuned?

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Which Sniper tuning package did you purchase?

How much?

Do you have your own end-user adjustment or no?

I think the full vehicle specific package is roughly $1800 which includes the 6-program chip, the tuning software, and the PDA datalogger.

I just wonder about the ease of tuning and datalogging. I have heard, like you, that the program is much more user friendly than the competition but I need more insight.

Its a lot of loot to drop on something when the SCT is much cheaper and fairly easy to use once you get use to it.

BTW,

Who tuned your truck and was it dyno tuned?

i dint do any of it myself, thats just the software that my tuner switched to last year. i didnt know you were talking about the "do it yourself" kit, sorry.
heres the link to my truck....
http://www.ampperformance.com/photo.album/lightning864/

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
IMO for the most part the software used to build the tune is of little importance. As long as a tune is done properly you'll have the same end result. I only know SCT PRP however. My main concearn would be customer support and available information on the Sniper software should you have any questions (which you will). It would be cool to see the differences between the different softwares.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
monsterpost said:
What is a ampperformance short block? I never heard of them.

just theyre way of saying they assembled it i guess. it had probe rods and pistons with a polished stock crank.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
IMO for the most part the software used to build the tune is of little importance. As long as a tune is done properly you'll have the same end result. I only know SCT PRP however. My main concearn would be customer support and available information on the Sniper software should you have any questions (which you will). It would be cool to see the differences between the different softwares.

from what i understand (dont quote me) sniper has an awesome customer relations thing happenin over there. theyre extremely knowledgable and are always available from what im told. keep in mind, im comparing sniper to diablo, which i should have stated earlier.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Not really but I do know that he really likes the software and the tuning parameters along with Snipers Customer Service.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I've now switched to Sniper as well. Ryan at Rynotune is my tuner again. I've departed with my previous Amazon and PSp tunes and we started fresh.

I don't know how much is Ryan's work an how much is the Sniper doing it's thing but my throttle response off the line is near insane. I never had that with the predator and 3 other tuners tune. Ryan tuned my truck with the predator a while back and I was happy. We're now adding a ported blower, Mafia and switched to the Sniper. I have dyno time on tuesday so I'll know new numbers then. Currently the ported blower is sitting next to the truck, I broke a bolt off in the lower intake I need to get out today. Once that's done in she goes and I'm going to take it for a rip around the block on my pre-dyno tune.

I like the Sniper for the ease of use, once you understand the led stuff (which I only use at the track). I use my laptop to send tunes normally. I'll take my 14 inches of high color lcd over the Predator lcd display any day. Many of the snipers strong points I'm not using yet but will be. I love the fact I was able to hit the track with 5 different tunes, flip flop and away! I love the fact I don't have to cycle the key all the time to load a tune now, click, flip the key on, wait till the led's are all flashing, flip the key off and away you go. Damn Predator required me to reload the custom tune after restoring the truck, kinda dumb if you ask me. I also like the fact the sniper fits in my console.

Ryan and I have been working out my goofy hard hitting tranny for a little bit. I still think the VB is messed up but hey it's shifting exactly how I want it now so I'm not worried. I don't have any new numbers on my previous 4#, + 2.8 upper tune but I can tell you it's far smoother and stronger than my previous tuners tunes. I'm very happy and should see some nice numbers Tuesday morning. I'll post up if I get a chance.

Boner I have to see your truck in person some time, have you been running it anywhere or meet up anywhere?

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Thats really good information, thanks brother!

The more and more I hear about it, the more I get excited and want to start using it!

Where is Rynotune located?

How much did you pay for everything?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
It is good to hear such positive results with a new platform. I'd like to see the tuning/programming software to compare with Advantage 3.0 sometime. Thanks for the info and congrats on getting your tuning issues lined out.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
99lightsvt said:
So far, it is better than stock....MMShaggy, why wouldn't he recommend the software?

Not saying I wouldn't recommend it, just regirgitating information I heard from my tuner. Justin at VMP tuning would be able to fill you in on it.

Like someone else posted. The software was bought by a new company. The problem with that is the fact that when a software is bought by a new firm, they oviously do not hire the sofware engineers who made the software. So when the new software engineers have to make changes or add on's to the software they actually have to reverse engineer the program to figure out exactly how it works.

Alot of engineers (at least the software kinds) like to throw in either useless code, or some weird line's of code to prevent industrial espionage, in case someone got ahold of there .raw files illegally and then tried to use the code to make there "own" software. So that does pose a problem to the new engineers.

Like I said thou, not saying anything bad about the software, and from the above posts is sounds like the software is working great for them.

Also someone posted, "software is software" and there right, really it's all in what your Tuner is comftorable using.

amacvey

Established Member
im trying to choose between the xcal 2 and sniper special forces software. I like how i can make changes myself easily on a computer and such, but i have no experience what so ever tuning so im sure this would greatly hinder my performance.

Are there tuners such as Rynotune where i can send my sniper datalogged file online and have them email me back a tune, similar to what amazon or jdm do for sct tuners?

Users who are viewing this thread