Sniper Tuning ... Come on In!

99lightsvt

Established Member
New Softwareone else

Just got my Sniper Tuner from the little brown man today...Anyone else have the software...And what do you like/dislike about it....

FordFanStan

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Little brown man? That can be taken the wrong way. I havent heard of any one else with it.

I think it was quite obvious what who he was talking about, but for those that dont know it was the UPS delivery driver... Stan

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Here is what he is talking about:
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightcat.htm

I was considering getting it, until Justen at VMP gave me a quick history lesson on the software, and why he would never use it or recommend it.
But everyone had there own personal preference's, so what one may like, others may not.

Let us know how it work's out for you.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
FordFanStan said:
I think it was quite obvious what who he was talking about, but for those that dont know it was the UPS delivery driver... Stan

I wasnt serious, i knew who he was talking about.

wild svt

99lightsvt,
I've been thinking about getting one also. I'm currently using the Predator and have been satisfied with it, but now I have a lot of modifications planned for my vehicle next month and I like the idea of having input on the file that gets installed. Everyone I've spoken with that has used the Sniper Special Forces have been extremely satisfied (granted, I've only spoken to several guys).

nickmc19

Established Member
Was searching for some parts and stumbled across this sniper tuning software, and i was wondering if it is any good and if anyone has it on there truck yet, thanks

02stampede

Established Member
Supposedly its made by a company that went under a few years back and now it has a new name and flashy packaging. There was a big discussion on it at modulardepot.com Not much good to be said, but not alot of experience with it either.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
There are a couple of really hi-po guys using it, ^^^boner is apparently one of them. The only reason I would steer clear of it is that not alot of the big tuners use it, so if you dont have a local guy who knows it you could get stuck up the river so to speak.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
pitstain said:
There are a couple of really hi-po guys using it, ^^^boner is apparently one of them. The only reason I would steer clear of it is that not alot of the big tuners use it, so if you dont have a local guy who knows it you could get stuck up the river so to speak.
i concour. i was a little hesitant at first, but my tuner eventually proved that he knew what he was doing. i think it was way driveable than the diablo software they had used prior. they tune evrything with sniper now by the way.

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Just trying to gain some knowledge on the Sniper Tuning System along with their products such as their 95mm MAF and so forth.

If you got it ... share your knowledge, experience, bitches, gripes, complaints, and/or praises! Come forth!

Thx!

:beer:

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
i have a sniper tuned truck. i love it! driveability is so nice, idles great with stageIII cams, starts up nice, and apparently its easy to work with the program from what my guy told me. i actually have no complaints as of now. i have the 95mm MAF, but i havent used it yet. i got away with the SCT Big Air at 862rwhp and the meter was @ 4.5x volts, so there was a little bit left, but not much.im expecting 900-1000rwhp with my next combo, thats why i just decided to sack up and buy the 95mm. that help?

Users who are viewing this thread