Sniper/Delta Force Users here!

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Just thought I'd get the ball rolling :beer:. I know you guys are out there, come on in and share your expertise!

-Special Forces

-Commando

FORD4U

Established Member
i am considering buying the sniper tunning system but havent purchased it yet, what other systems are out there? systems on a owner level that has the functions sniper does. thanks to anyone who can help.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I have the sniper software... i like it. i haven't spent too much time with it, but its pretty easy to get familiarized with. you can change any parameter that you could ever want... all the same stuff as SCT covers, its just setup differently. i'm sure i will do some follow up threads when i get the car back together and start tuning...

FORD4U

Established Member
ya, i look to make a few post once i tune my 03 cobra and my turbo L

Last edited:

Seahorse

Established Member
Don't have the tuning software myself, but had the GT500 dynotuned using Sniper and have the multiloader for storing multiple tunes - I'm happy with it.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I've been using this software for a few years now with good sucess. Only issue I have ran into and im not the only one is when adding 60lb injectors to my car and changing the tune. The injector driver for the 60's isnt correct. It always has a lean stumble and cant get them to slope correctly.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I have sniper I love it. I hate to see it phasing out and the support isnt all that great but it is a great tool.

NastyNate420

Established Member
ZOSO how did you correct that problem?

Ive been using sniper SF for a few years now. I had an issue with my interface the 1st couple months i owned it. I talked to Chris at sniper and they at excellent tech support back then. They fixed it for free and gave me an extra bullet for the inconvience! I wish more tuners used sniper. ... Guesss ill have to get delta force and keep tuning on my own.

dj94gt

Modular Fanatic
Established Member
I've been using this software for a few years now with good sucess. Only issue I have ran into and im not the only one is when adding 60lb injectors to my car and changing the tune. The injector driver for the 60's isnt correct. It always has a lean stumble and cant get them to slope correctly.

I had this exact same issue on an 03 Cobra. Never could get it lined out. Sold the sniper crap and had it tuned with SCT.

2002BLGT

Established Member
I have sniper I love it. I hate to see it phasing out and the support isnt all that great but it is a great tool.

Delta Force (Sniper) is not phasing out to my knowledge and as far as it being crap it is far from crap , but sometimes guys think they can tune the car with the Special Forces software when they actually have too many mods and need to upgrade to Commando which is same as the SCT pro racer as far as access goes , so if you can tune it with SCT then it can be tuned with Delta Force

dj94gt

Modular Fanatic
Established Member
Delta Force (Sniper) is not phasing out to my knowledge and as far as it being crap it is far from crap , but sometimes guys think they can tune the car with the Special Forces software when they actually have too many mods and need to upgrade to Commando which is same as the SCT pro racer as far as access goes , so if you can tune it with SCT then it can be tuned with Delta Force

I actually had the Commando software, and while it did give the user full access to the same parameters the SCT/Diablo stuff does, the car would not respond to changes being made. The crappy part of all of it was the less than stellar support team at Sniper. I was put in touch with another tuner which helped far more than Chris and the guys ever could. I'm not here to start a pissing match, just stating my opinion. I should mention the problem ended up being the Sniper MAF....

Last edited:

2002BLGT

Established Member
I actually had the Commando software, and while it did give the user full access to the same parameters the SCT/Diablo stuff does, the car would not respond to changes being made. The crappy part of all of it was the less than stellar support team at Sniper. I was put in touch with another tuner which helped far more than Chris and the guys ever could. I'm not here to start a pissing match, just stating my opinion. I should mention the problem ended up being the Sniper MAF....

Which comes from the same supplier as guess who ? so in other words the tuning software was fine and you were chasing a faulty part which has happened to ALOT of people , no reason to bash the tuning software that was not the problem

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I'm tired of the lack of supported vehicles I have two bullets and can only use one. I have been told for 2 years now they are going to being tuning a 08 adrenalin 4.6l still not done. When I ask when it will be done I'm told not plans at this time. I contacted them two weeks ago for drivers for window 7 for my new laptop they said they would email them and still no drivers. I have no problem with the software it is very user friendly however sniper feels like it's run by a kid out of his garage. Things never work right then you need to install this driver and jump through this hoop to get it to work. very dissapointrd in the cusomer service now before it was great it jsut fell off.

Last edited:

2002BLGT

Established Member
I'm tired of the lack of supported vehicles I have two bullets and can only use one. I have been told for 2 years now they are going to being tuning a 08 adrenalin 4.6l still not done. When I ask when it will be done I'm told not plans at this time. I contacted them two weeks ago for drivers for window 7 for my new laptop they said they would email them and still no drivers. I have no problem with the software it is very user friendly however sniper feels like it's run by a kid out of his garage. Things never work right then you need to install this driver and jump through this hoop to get it to work. very dissapointrd in the cusomer service now before it was great it jsut fell off.

Did you email or call them , Calling them will always net you a faster result , Alex , Sam , Chris and Pat are all great guys and have always gotten me fixed up quickly , now as far as the 08 adrenalin goes I feel your pain as they are a little slower getting the newer stuff out but the backside programming is alot more extensive with the Special Forces software so even if they get a vehicle there it still takes them longer to get the Special Forces software to work with it cause there is alot more programming on the backside that you guys dont see ....

FORD4U

Established Member
i have the commando set up and am very pleased, i also think the customer support has been great, pat has been very helpful, and any issues have been worked through with ease.

steve5575

Established Member
I know that this thread was brought back from the dead but I had Rick at Amazon fix my Sniper tune when Pat flacked out on me. Rick can work with all three tuning softwares if I remember correctly. Just don't give up if you are having problems and call Amazon before you sell and go to something else.

04Cobra85

Established Member
i know this thread is old as hell but does anyone have a tune for 03/04 cobra 60lb injectors i can look at. haveing problems sense the 60s went in.

Users who are viewing this thread