Sniper/Delta Force Users here!

04Cobra85

Established Member
hell i will sell you mine for 1000 with laptop/cammando/special forces/data scout/ 5 templates and 4 bullets going mega squirt to delete my meter

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
i can get it cheaper then pro racer. i will pm you a price for commando. you will like it better then pro racer. license/bullet price is the same with delta force. sct want to charge a different price for a car that isnt yours. less bs and better support.

I've been using PRP for a few years now. Haven't really had problems with support or BS. My main reason for asking was because a friend wants me to tune his car. While the quote you sent me isn't bad it would still be cheaper for him to pick up PRP for his car and I know my way around that software already.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
I actually had the Commando software, and while it did give the user full access to the same parameters the SCT/Diablo stuff does, the car would not respond to changes being made. The crappy part of all of it was the less than stellar support team at Sniper. I was put in touch with another tuner which helped far more than Chris and the guys ever could. I'm not here to start a pissing match, just stating my opinion. I should mention the problem ended up being the Sniper MAF....

I had the same problem with commando. Couldn't get some of the parameters to change. I used it for a couple of years when my car was just bolt ons. It was nice stuff and I dont regret buying it. Had to switch to sct prp to get the car to idle with the built motor and cams.

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
So what's the deal with people claiming that the car "wouldn't respond to changes"? Is this really a problem? I want to get a tuning setup for my 03 Cobra and I'm torn between the Commando package or doing a Quarterhorse/Binary Editor setup. I don't like the SCT stuff because it won't read what's already on the PCM and you have to flash the whole computer over ever time you want to change something.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
If you dont want to use sct due to flashing the whole PCM then commando isn't for you either. It works the same way as SCT and diablo do. It reflashes the PCM.

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
Really? I was under the impression that it only flashed the updated portion. Anyhow, the reflash isn't my biggest issue, it's not being able to read existing ecu data.

Mike Dj

Established Member
Sniper

You can pull any other companys tune out but you can not read it. Because it is specific to the companys software. And do you really think they want anyone looking at their tuning info that is private and how they make there money. And one more thing i've been tuning with Sniper for many years with awesome results!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get great customer support and were some of you get off talking sh*t on them and there products just shut up and buy another tuning outfit insted of crying about it.:fm:

Users who are viewing this thread